PDA

View Full Version : Tyler "T -grip" adaptor

Petrol & Powder
10-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Just wanted to toss this out there.

I recently ordered a Tyler T-grip adaptor from Tyler manufacturing. They're a bit old school and still use printed order forms and U.S. mail.
I mailed in my order form and check. My new, well packaged T-grip adaptor showed up 1 week later (maybe only 6 days).

I've ordered from Tyler many times over the years and I've never had a problem. They do manufacturer their products in batches so occasionally if you order an item that is not in inventory you may have to wait a week or two more. I had that happen one time with a more obscure model.

While I generally prefer replacement grips instead of a Tyler T grip, there are times when the T-grip adaptor IS the answer.
So don't forget about that option if you're looking for a solution to improve a DA revolver grip.

Dan Cash
10-15-2019, 08:44 AM
You can say that again as a plus for Tyler. I have the adapters on several revolvers including one which I adapted to a Colt SAA. Another, a nice Smith M&P 2" with ivory "service" stocks is a very shootable revolver with its Tyler "T" grip.

EMC45
10-15-2019, 08:50 AM
Tyler are great.

Green Frog
10-15-2019, 09:13 AM
My take on Tyler’s product is that if you can get them, they are fine. I’ve only seen a couple of negative references to QC lately, and you’ll get that from anyone, it seems. OTOH, their order fulfillment seems to have gotten more and more sketchy, with negative comments showing up much more frequently than positive. Glad P&P had such a good transaction and maybe it will be a harbinger if good things to come. I for one would love to hear from others with recent experiences (positive or negative) with the current folks at Tyler. :coffeecom

Froggie

Outpost75
10-15-2019, 09:39 AM
What people don't realize if that when you order a Tyler T-grip for an older pre-1940 gun, such as a Colt New Service, these are not made ahead and "stocked," but each one is made to order. In the days of the Internet everyone wants instant gratification, but special orders take time.

Patience, Grasshopper!

I own over a dozen T-grips, most ordered within the last ten years, to fit my old Colts, which I both collect and shoot.

I've NEVER had any quality or delivery issues.

A couple weeks at most for an obscure, rare gun like a 1920 .32 Pocket Positive.

rintinglen
10-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Outpost, you're killing me. I've looked for one of those for years to replace one I sold back in the 70's to fund a divorce. I'm still looking. What a neat, old gun!

roverboy
10-15-2019, 01:18 PM
I like'em too. I had one on my Security Six for awhile.

Tom W.
10-15-2019, 02:03 PM
I bought one years ago for a Charter Arms .38 special. I never could warm up to the thing...

Walks
10-15-2019, 02:33 PM
I love them.

They are just the thing for older or skinny bbl'd guns. Give you a better looking balanced revolver.

Petrol & Powder
10-15-2019, 03:35 PM
I've order several over the years, including the most recent one and few during the last 3 years or so; never had a problem with quality or service.

Tyler's are the answer when you don't want to take off the original grips but need something better than the small original grips. They also improve the handling of the gun without making the gun larger overall all.

I think today's culture of, "I want it and I want it NOW"; is the source of most complaints about Tyler.

dogdoc
10-15-2019, 07:09 PM
Read some experiences over on the smith and Wesson forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stubshaft
10-16-2019, 01:00 AM
I have drawer full of grips for my Smith "J" frames, because no matter how many times I've tried I just can't find a more comfortable grip that the stock wood and a Tyler T.

curioushooter
10-17-2019, 07:12 PM
I have KB grips on my model 19. They are great. I didn't want to wait for tylers. Also, I like the look of the satin black better than the shiny aluminum. And they have four copper tabs instead of two. Cheaper as well.

Texas by God
10-17-2019, 09:39 PM
I loved their trigger shoes for rifles but I didn't like the T-Grip at all. I tried it on a Police Positive Special and a 5" M&P and they just bothered me. I used to love Pachmayrs but I've kinda been liking original grips the most lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

EMC45
10-18-2019, 09:22 AM
Got one on a Model 67 SB and a Model 31 SB. Makes the pistols feel perfect in my opinion.

Dutchman
10-18-2019, 11:40 AM
https://images12.fotki.com/v539/photos/4/28344/9895637/20180430_185915x-vi.jpg (https://public.fotki.com/dutchman/firearms/20180430-185915x.html)

bluelund79
10-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Every K and L frame revolver I own has the Tyler T and Factory Magna Grip combo. They fit my hand the best, and allow for a more natural point of aim for me. I for one, am glad they are still around. Same with my Herrett Jordan Troopers on my N frame, and my L frame Model 69 44mag. Sometimes the classics just work.

AZ Pete
09-24-2021, 12:53 PM
Tyler is apparently not the same old Tyler. I ordered, and paid by check for, two grip adapters in January, 2021. No grip adapters have been received as of today. Their voice mail box is often full and will not take a message. When it is not,I have left several inquiries, with no response. I eventually goa a reply that said they were behind, but appreciated my patience. That was last summer, nothing since.

Jtarm
09-24-2021, 05:17 PM
BK Custom is great substitute if you don’t feel like waiting

AZ Pete
09-24-2021, 05:28 PM
Thanks, never heard of them, so I will definitely look them up.

Rick Hodges
10-01-2021, 09:27 AM
I had one on a department issued old unshrouded Colt Detective Special. It made the gun much more comfortable in my hand.

Catshooter
10-02-2021, 10:03 PM
I think today's culture of, "I want it and I want it NOW"; is the source of most complaints about Tyler.

Is that so? Well, on 2/9 I sent Tylers a check for 2. Nothing. So 5 days ago I texted them (their site says texts work best). Nothing. Texted again on the 1st. Nothing.

I must admit though, I do want 'em and I want 'em NOW but don't seem to be getting them. Not impressed, at all.

Cat