PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed how well this site responds on the Net?

Land Owner
10-14-2019, 12:06 PM
Lately I have been using my Tablet and phone to access this site. Compared to other sites accessed similarly, this site is ALWAYS faster, accurate, complete, every feature works, and there are no hiccoughs. Ordinarily I am a PC user and expect that format to exhibit an odd irregularity or two. It is nice to come here where technology works unincumbered.

Rcmaveric
10-14-2019, 12:13 PM
I havent been frequenting on my computer. I mostly use Tapatalk. Works great and seamlessly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lightman
10-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Yeah, it works very well. I'm on a couple of other sites that load slow, the screen jumps around some before it settles, newly opened pages don't open on the 1st thread. Stuff like that!

Winger Ed.
10-14-2019, 01:25 PM
I like it.
I hang out here a lot, and on a few other places including Fox News.

With Fox, you can click on a article, and go wax your car or strip and clean a AR while it jumps around,
blinks, and reloads until it finally settles down with all the ads.

Walks
10-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Yep,

I use my tablet 90% of the time. This siteloads faster then any other firearms related it that I visit.

bikerbeans
10-14-2019, 03:36 PM
It is a race between graybeard and marlin owners for the slowest site.

BB

Markopolo
10-14-2019, 04:08 PM
it is because of the way the site handles advertisements... its not waiting for different adds and so forth to be downloaded everytime the page refreshes. and there are no mid page advertisements and so forth... basically doesnt let advertisements rule every bit of the site...

just remember when fund raising time comes around.

marko

Rcmaveric
10-14-2019, 05:28 PM
it is because of the way the site handles advertisements... its not waiting for different adds and so forth to be downloaded everytime the page refreshes. and there are no mid page advertisements and so forth... basically doesnt let advertisements rule every bit of the site...

markoMake sense. Since this site is funded by the members. It doesn't have to rely heavily on advertising which sucks up bandwidth and resources.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

john.k
10-14-2019, 08:28 PM
Got to the stage some other sites are basically covered by popups and now annoying videos........do these dipsticks paying to have 10 minutes plus of some annoying nuisance advert really think Ill buy their product.I give them a miss..............and have a new issue just started.......MS seems to be trying to annihilate Google,keeps wiping Google,and I need a complex workup to get it back.........verry annoying.

smoked turkey
10-14-2019, 11:10 PM
I use a Kindle some of the time and our PC most of the time. I never experience problems here. I don't know about other sites because I don't frequent any others. All I need right here. Willy and No.1 along with the moderators keep things running like the proverbial well oiled machine!

Land Owner
10-15-2019, 05:51 AM

marko

I think that nailed it. I had not thought of the ads, which do not have to load here.

Everywhere else my PC uses ADBLOCKERPLUS, a freebee on the Interweb, which works well.

GhostHawk
10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
This site is good, no question about it. But Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger makes other sites behave better also. I do get asked to turn off my blockers a lot, seldom do I do so. Very seldom.