PDA

View Full Version : Help in identifying auto lube machine

Papa Bang
10-12-2019, 09:10 PM
I recently picked this machine up and under all the old lube is what you see here. I'm having a new transfer bar machined and converting the lube to air but we have given it a dry run and it seems to be in very good shape. Two speeds on the motor cycles about 1600 on low and 2800 per hour on high. Very high quality machine work, castings and attention to detail. Can't find a name on it anywhere, any ideas?

Papa Bang
10-12-2019, 09:23 PM

Tried to fix pic

ReloaderFred
10-12-2019, 10:19 PM
It looks a lot like a Magma Lube Master machine, without the air feed and collator.

http://www.magmaengineering.com/lube-master/

Hope this helps.

Fred

Papa Bang
10-12-2019, 11:32 PM
Fred,
Thank you for the reply but it's not a Magma, I have one and this I suspect may have been made in the early 1900's and with no markings I'm wondering if they were used in a factory like Winchester. I did a
search and found a patent under their name but I'm lost as how to look any up drawings or pictures.

ReloaderFred
10-13-2019, 12:23 AM
I also have a Lube Master, but it was hard to tell from the picture. It has some of the same levers, slide and other items. My guess is it's from the 1950's era, or slightly later, due to the motor and the design of the handwheel, but that's just a guess. A lot of innovative machinery came out of that era, i.e.; Hollywood, Star, Load-a-Matic, Ammo-Load, et. al.

Hope this helps.

Fred