PDA

View Full Version : Lee Loader Variants?

Mr_Sheesh
10-12-2019, 02:38 AM
I am aware of 4 versions of the "Whack-a-mole" Lee Loaders, just wondering if anyone has more data on when and perhaps why the containers changed?

Cardboard, white letters
Cardboard, red letters
Opaque red plastic
Translucent red plastic

Any other differences out there?

Just curious :)

Green Frog
10-12-2019, 11:15 AM
There were “Lee Loaders” from both iterations of the Lee/Mequon quagmire. My personal favorites were from what became Mequon (black cardboard top, red bottom) that had the red plastic priming tool, eliminating the dreaded “accidental discharge” from driving in primers with a hammer and punch. :shock:

Also there were some variants in the cardboard box era labeled “unitized” or some such that did FL resizing of straight walled pistol cases. You just don’t see many of those. :(

Finally, there were some deluxe target grade sets called “Zero Error” that came in a larger cardboard box with faux wood grain coloring. They contained neck trimmers, an aluminum priming tool, and other goodies. IIRC, they were only available in a limited number of rifle calibers. These were arguably the best of the best. :mrgreen:

You will have to ask somebody else about the time frames on all of these. That information is not in my Froggie Brain Hard Drive. :veryconfu

Froggie

gwpercle
10-18-2019, 05:36 PM
I am aware of 4 versions of the "Whack-a-mole" Lee Loaders, just wondering if anyone has more data on when and perhaps why the containers changed?

Cardboard, white letters
Cardboard, red letters
Opaque red plastic
Translucent red plastic

Any other differences out there?

Just curious :)

Go over to this site....it's devoted strictly to Lee Loaders .
These guys can give you all the information you need.
Join up ...it's a cool site if you collet them .

www.lee-loader.com

Gary

Green Frog
10-19-2019, 10:18 PM
Thanks Gary, but I need to divest myself of some of the ones I already have, not be tempted to buy more! Oh alright, I’ll go look, but I can already tell it’s gonna cost me money. I hope you’re proud of yourself!

Froggie

Green Frog
10-19-2019, 10:38 PM
What a disappointment... from what I saw, those guys all seem like a bunch of newbies! I saw a lot of incomplete and even incorrect info in a very short read time. Maybe I could go over and take advantage of their innocence. ;-)

Froggie

gwpercle
10-20-2019, 11:48 AM
What a disappointment... from what I saw, those guys all seem like a bunch of newbies! I saw a lot of incomplete and even incorrect info in a very short read time. Maybe I could go over and take advantage of their innocence. ;-)

Froggie

There you go....sounds like just the ticket !
Gary