PDA

View Full Version : Is there an adaptor for a Hollywood to a standard shell holder?

mikenbarb
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Im looking for info on an adaptor for using standard base shell holders in a Hollywood press I just got. Their the type with threads on the bottom for securing with a nut and looks similar to a C&H type. If anyone can tell me if their available and possibly have a link for where to get them I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks much.

moshannon
11-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Try Vega tool and die. www.vegatool.com

Mike

Reloader06
11-05-2008, 04:12 PM
IIRC RCBS used to make one.

Matt

Pavogrande
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow! Vega tools -- at $20 per herter shellholder and $50 for adapters I think I can live quite nicely on my social security -- A herter priming arm sells for about triple what I paid for the whole press - (1959)
Anyroad, I may have the adapter you need -- buuut, I don't know if it is for Hollywood or CH -- do you have any dimensions -- This one has a nominal 7/8" knurled head that accepts RCBS holders and a nominal 1/2" threaded stud and nut. The stud is about 1" long. -- If you are interested pm me with an email address and I will provde some photos -- gb

mikenbarb
11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
This one is the same looking as a CH shell holder with a threaded shaft that goes thru the plate and then a nut is bolted on. I know the Herters adaptors from RCBS are 20 bucks and you can also get them from CH4D.com. Also, I have as many Herters primer arms as you need if your looking for any. I may be able to make my own from an old Lyman adapter I have and would just have to cut it and silver solder it to the Hollywood base or a bolt with the same dimensions.

scrapcan
11-06-2008, 11:48 AM
mekenbarb,

I sent you a pm and may have a ch adapter or that I could lend to see if it will do what you need. or you can contact CH tool and die at
http://www.ch4d.com/

Give htem a call and chat as I have found them to be good people to deal with. The owner found parts and manuals for an old ch press of mine and he was great help.

STP22
11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I ordered the RCBS version of the C&H from my local dealer for my Hollywood Senior press. Dropped it in the hole, screwed the nut on and inserted the desired RCBS shellholder in. No problem...

mikenbarb
11-07-2008, 10:41 AM
STP, Do you by chance have the RCBS part number for it?

NoDakJak
11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I am using the C&H adapter in mine and also on my Texan Turret press. Neil

STP22
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Mike,

I replied to your PM...

Glad to help.

Scott