PDA

View Full Version : curious about value Ammo

jimb16
10-09-2019, 11:53 AM
I have a full bandoler of FA 39 .30-06 ammo in very nice condition complete with the original card stock separators and stripper clips. Just a few of the cartridges needed cleaned. The rest are in near factory fresh condition. Cloth bandoler is clean and in near perfect shape. I think it is 60 rounds, but I'd have to run out to the garage to check. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on what it might be worth?

Der Gebirgsjager
10-09-2019, 02:03 PM
That's an unusual find now days. Two ways to view it: (1) Probably the best, as a collector item. (2) For someone who wants to shoot it, but it's corrosively primed, and when it's gone, it's gone -- so I'd go with (1). Check the on-line auction sites such as Gunbroker (there are others as well) and see if you can find the same or a similar item for sale and what the asking price is. Also, phone a couple of the better known auction houses that handle arms and ammunition sales and see if they'll give you an estimate. "If I was to give this to you to sell at auction for me, what price
would you suggest that I place on it?"

Outpost75
10-09-2019, 02:26 PM
A bandolier of WW2 ammuniton with lot card in museum-quality condition (no corrosion, not "cleaned") goes for $100 up.

Battis
10-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Be careful - I got an infraction for asking the possible value of ammo last summer.