PDA

View Full Version : WTB Steel 5.45 X 39 cases

rrob692326
10-06-2019, 06:13 AM
Looking for once fired steel cases in 5.45 x 39. Let me know how much you have and your price. thank you

abunaitoo
10-07-2019, 05:43 AM
This is the AK74 ammo....correct???
Found some at the range today.
Most were dirty and discolored.

15meter
10-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Didn't know anyone used them, I've sold pounds and pounds as scrap steel from the range scrap. Don't think I have any now. I'll have to ask the buddy who recycles the brass at gun club #2 if he has any.

Aren't those Berdan primed?

rrob692326
10-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Thank you for your help, sorry should have clarified that I am looking for at least a thousand. Yes but I convert them to boxer by drilling out the anvil swaging a sleeve in the primer pocket that allows me to use standard small rifle primers and reload them. The 5.45 x 39 is real hard to come by here, as I am on the Big Island and not Oahu, and you cannot get ammo shipped to you here unless you have a license and contend with all the red tape the state throws on anyone in the business. Was lucky enough to nab a few thousand 5.45 bullets when midway had a closeout. As there are only two dealers here, one won't take a special order for ammo, and the other one won't do it unless it is a real big one and as this is an oddball here, I'd have to buy the entire order. So I reload the steel cases with ch dies. I had them titanium nitride coated the dies and they work great on the steel cases no problem. FYI contrary to beliefs steel cases are softer than brass casings. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBAh_8usXBI

LeadHead72
10-08-2019, 11:41 PM
I have a bucket of steel cases I could sort through if it is feasible. How much do you pay for them?