View Full Version : Sticky butt

abunaitoo
10-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Get you head out of the gutter.
Sticky butt pad.
I picked up a Kick Eez soft butt pad from the gunshow.
Free
It's very sticky.
I've wiped it with alcohol.
It helped a little.
Any ideas what else I might try????

cwtebay
10-04-2019, 03:00 PM
I wrecked one with alcohol, guess I should have done a little research first. Turns out that ammonia on a wet rag or Windex works pretty well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

gewehrfreund
10-04-2019, 03:44 PM
I have an older Limbsaver pad with the same problem. It sticks to everything, and will even strip off the surface of paper if left in contact for too long.
Good to know about the ammonia/windex solution. I have used Truoil stock finish and gunstock wax with some limited success

tunnug
10-04-2019, 05:44 PM
Limbsaver pads had a bad run a while back, if you contact them they might still replace it, that's what they were doing back then.

BK7saum
10-04-2019, 11:01 PM
Limbsaver pads had a bad run a while back, if you contact them they might still replace it, that's what they were doing back then.

I have had them replace 2 or 3. One was a grind to fit pad. Sent them the buttstock and they replaced/ground to fit and returned it. They offered to send me just the pad or replace and grind, I chose them to fix even though it cost me to shop to them. Been a few years, but really good customer service. it was their problem and they did all they could and made it right.

cwtebay
10-04-2019, 11:35 PM
Another trick is to use a wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad. Apparently my wife says that's the ticket for getting it off of her microscope eyepieces at work. She told me at least you aren't sniffing ammonia every time you get your face close to it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

smithnframe
10-05-2019, 07:38 AM
Replace it with a pachmeyr!

Der Gebirgsjager
10-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Replacement is probably the best option, since the composition is slowly deteriorating and the problem will reoccur.

waksupi
10-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Try rubbing it with coarse cloth and mineral spirits.

EMC45
10-05-2019, 04:00 PM
When I went through Remington Armorer school they let the class know they were having a big problem with their butt pads (which I believe some were made by Limbsaver) and to send them to them for replacement. The instructor said they will continue to deteriorate as time goes by. I have had some Remington shotguns come into work and the they stuck to the bottom of the safe when I put them in there.

45workhorse
10-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Armor all type product?????? Can't hurt.

Geezer in NH
10-08-2019, 05:51 PM
I remember Brownells had a product to brush onto pads for the sporting clay guys. It made them slick but wore off. What else doesn't wear out. Clean then replace?