PDA

View Full Version : Green Supply Closing

DCP
10-04-2019, 12:51 PM
So after 52 years in business, Green Supply has reached the point where we have run out of options and we’ll have to permanently close our doors.

Brokenbear
10-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear of anyone failing

Bear

DCP
10-04-2019, 01:30 PM
I should clarify. I received an email from Green.

Wayne Smith
10-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Don't know what Green Supply is/was.

DCP
10-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Don't know what Green Supply is/was.

Green Supply was a sporting good Distributor A FFL I know sent me the letter.
I don't know for sure at one time they may have been retail

"For months now, Green Supply has worked tirelessly alongside industry professionals in an attempt to try to raise capital in order to stay in business. We did everything we could to generate new funding in order to keep our business running, our customers supplied, and our employees (much of our small town) employed. Unfortunately, each path we explored turned out to be a dead end. So after 52 years in business, Green Supply has reached the point where we have run out of options and we’ll have to permanently close our doors.

The approximately $1,000,000 inventory that remains will be sold in bulk next week. If you are interested in making a bulk purchase. The deadline to express interest is Monday, October 7th. Bidding will begin on Tuesday, October 8th. We will not be selling individual items, we are looking for serious bulk purchasers only.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you for over a half-century! "

Handloader109
10-05-2019, 07:40 AM
History on their website. Really started expanding in 1982. Loos like they tried automation to a good degree. But like other businesses, internet has enabled us to price check and comparison shop to save that last penny. And the wholesalers are getting pinched pretty hard. Places like amazon and eBay offer cheaper alternative for accessories that these distributors sold.

Plus, just because you’ve been in business a long time, you can be doing things wrong. How did they pay for the automation and warehouses? Borrowed money? Or cash. Probably the prior.

Just my simpleton opinion. I’ve taken a few decades to learn, but borrowed money can be hazardous.