PDA

View Full Version : PID from OBIII

Irascible
09-29-2019, 04:51 PM
I bought a plug and play PID on Ebay a year or so ago. It works great, but I would like to contact the fellow who made it. I have the information/instruction sheet but the only clue as to who wrote it is the title which reads
"OBIII PID". Does anyone know who this is?

Mike W1
09-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Know I've seen posts by him somewhere but which site doesn't ring any dongs. Might try a PM to OBIII and see if that helps. I didn't spot him in the sponsor section FWIW.

Conditor22
09-29-2019, 08:20 PM
OBIII used to sell PID's on this forum. I heard he got banned. There is a lot of PID knowledge on this forum and a VS HATCH that sells PID's.

Ask your questions, I'm sure someone on here can help you.

ioon44
09-30-2019, 08:50 AM
Irascible, check you PM.

Irascible
10-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info guys :>)
My PID works fine and was a good investment, I was just interested in buying a new temp probe/sensor incase mine burns out. I hear that happens.

Smoke4320
10-10-2019, 01:21 PM
On here Hatch is a great resource for both knowledge and PID's / parts.
Contact him and he will get you fixed up
he is very reasonably priced as well

lightman
10-12-2019, 06:48 AM
I have one of his units and I bought an extra probe. I can get the info off of the package for you if it would help. Let me know!

Irascible
10-12-2019, 11:54 PM
If you don't mind. Any information is always valuable. Thanks

lightman
10-14-2019, 08:34 PM
I finally made it out to the shop to look at my spare probe. Sent you a PM.

vtech26
10-21-2019, 06:02 PM
Anyone know where I can get install instructions for installing a PID in my Lee 20 lb?? That's pretty much the only thing holding me up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike W1
10-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Not sure what you mean by "install instructions" . There's a lot of stickies on the subject and feel free to PM me if that doesn't help you. There's really not much to hooking one up to a pot once you know what's what.

gwpercle
10-22-2019, 09:49 AM
Anyone know where I can get install instructions for installing a PID in my Lee 20 lb?? That's pretty much the only thing holding me up.

Don't let a PID hold up your your casting...the truth is you don't really need one to cast good boolits... I know , I've been casting for 50 years and never had one .
Don't let that lack of a PID monkey stop your casting show ... lots of boolits have been cast without them ... You can do it .

Gary

Springfield
10-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Most PID's are in a separate case, and the pot just plugs into it, and the PID plugs into the wall. The PID is basically just a very accurate sensing switch that turns the electric flow on and off to your pot, keeping it a a set temperature. Installing one inside the housing on a LEE pot is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Mike W1
10-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Don't let a PID hold up your your casting...the truth is you don't really need one to cast good boolits... I know , I've been casting for 50 years and never had one .
Don't let that lack of a PID monkey stop your casting show ... lots of boolits have been cast without them ... You can do it .

Gary

You sure can but on the other hand I much prefer my car to a horse and buggy. The man is just looking for instructions on what he apparently already owns.

vtech26
10-22-2019, 06:20 PM
You sure can but on the other hand I much prefer my car to a horse and buggy. The man is just looking for instructions on what he apparently already owns.I dont own a PID yet. I was thinking it was more complicated then adding it to my power cord. Appreciate everyone's feedback. Now to figure out which one to buy.

jessdigs
10-28-2019, 01:17 AM
If it is an OBIII PID, then it has a mypin temp control unit.
Its simple, press blue AT button to change set temp. Press blue button to change digit, Use green [emoji674][emoji675] buttons to change temp. Press yellow button to lock it in.
Here's a video pin mypin in case

https://youtu.be/En5Ewow4_tU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WardT
10-30-2019, 09:36 AM
Thank you, that helps alot.