PDA

View Full Version : 40-60 win. Chaparral ,, Uberti ????

Hootmix
09-27-2019, 01:15 PM
Hey all ,, I live in S.E. Okla. ,, ( just N. of Paris Tex. ) are there any " 76 " 40/60 shooters in my neck of the woods. Maybe we can have coffee and put together a con-globber-ration (Book ) of information about the seemly forgotten ,,( whispered about but not talked about openly) great shooting 76 Win. If not for Brian Pearce's article in the Lyman (49th. addition) and a fellow 40/60 shooter ( Dusty Texan from over at CAS ) I'd still be totally lost. I'm not trying to " short sheet " anyone ,, there's some great folks and helpful info. over on CAS,, " but ", more info. on the other 3 cals. I'm try'n to keep notes on loads,, fix'n my 76's ( chappie ) short commin's and sights ,, all things in general . Ya' can holler at me here ( or PM me ),, now understand " I AM NOT A WRITER " ,, sooooo lets talk 40/60's.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Bob Busetti
10-11-2019, 11:22 AM
I got my Chaparral 76 in 50/95 about 9 years ago It was a learning experience. The action had a lot of metal machining chips in it. Took it apart, cleaned action out. Works fine. I replaced the from & rear sights with a globe front & tang sight rear. Gun shoots very well. Making cases & trying a couple of molds was interesting. I kept the loading to factory velocity @ 1500 fps. It was well worth the $650 I gave for it.