PDA

View Full Version : Something I learned yesterday morning

Wayne Smith
09-27-2019, 12:54 PM
James 4:6 God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

I realized that this means that God opposes me when I am proud, insisting on my own way, trying to change someone else or change me, full of myself rather than God.

The God who created the Universe and designed me has been opposing me and my efforts! I think this explains many of my failures over the years.

But when I humble myself, and I have done this enough to prove the result, He gives grace.

augercreek
09-28-2019, 05:38 AM
Amen !

GhostHawk
09-28-2019, 07:48 AM
Amen, he likes us humble, pure of heart, and ready to serve. HE is the master. He see's more than we can.

And if we continue in our pride, he will find ways to bring us low. I think personally this is a huge stumbling block for many "so called" Christians. They don't want to be humble and serve.

Once we throw away our pride, our independance, our will, and accept his yoke we find it is an easy path he has chosen for us. His yoke is light.

So many seem to miss this.

And it is not this world we are preparing for, but the next. So don't let this world get you all wrapped up in image and weath and possessions. When we die are are left behind. Yes even this mortal body.

USMC87
09-28-2019, 08:27 AM
Amen Wayne, I too have been brought low as I wanted to try and do Gods work my way instead of His! Ghost Hawk you are exactly right Sir, I totally agree with both of you.

WRideout
09-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Surrender is never easy; trust me on this one!

Wayne

Pine Baron
09-28-2019, 07:47 PM
Every time my stubborn, prideful self insists, I get three chances. The nudge, the shove and finally the 2x4. I'm ashamed and grateful to admit how many 2x4s I've taken. God will never forsake you.

Thundarstick
09-29-2019, 04:12 AM
Amen brothers! I've found this to be true in my life as well.

Blackwater
10-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Wayne, I think this is the first great lesson we all have to learn, and it's not one that comes naturally nor easily to us. We LIKE to put ourselves first! But we benefit when we are humbled and reverent, for then, we CAN be edified. We understand so much more than what a haughty spirit allows us to understand. Humility, I have long thought, is the most telling trait of a mature Christian.