PDA

View Full Version : Lee square tray hand prime problem

abunaitoo
09-16-2019, 05:28 AM
I gave a friend a Lee hand prime with the square tray.
I've never used one. Got it with a bunch of stuff.
He said the large primer tray works great.
Small primer tray tends to allow the primers to flip sideways.
He's smashed primers if not watching what he was doing.
My old round tray doesn't do it.
Anyone else have this problem????
Solution?????

rancher1913
09-16-2019, 06:53 AM
are you sure its a small primer tray and not just a second large primer one. where is it flipping, in the shaft or before, if its in the shaft maybe the plastic is wore out.

gumbo333
09-16-2019, 03:18 PM
I have used a lot of Lee reloading tools, mostly with good results. The square tray hand primer is not one of them. Pitch it and find the older Lee round tray hand primer on E-bay. End to a lot of frustration. The Lee hand bench primer is a bit finicky also.

Jniedbalski
09-16-2019, 04:16 PM
The old round ones worked and where great. The square ones are the newer lawyer approved. They are junk. Find the nearest trash can and get rid of it. It will save you a lot of greef

Jniedbalski
09-16-2019, 04:24 PM
I still use my old round top hand primer but it’s almost wore out and no top cover, lost it . The lee ram prime I had sitting for almost 20 years I started using and really like it. It’s kind of slow but it works.

robg
09-16-2019, 04:35 PM
Still use the round tray Lee ,got 3 now .a friend has the bench Lee tool that works well too.if the square works OK with large primers there must be some flaw with small primer plate or pin compare the two you'll be able to see the snag .

engineer401
09-16-2019, 05:55 PM
I had problems with the small primer tray. Primers flipped. It was as on an Ergo Prime. The Lee solution was to sell upgraded trays that are shaped differently. I gave it away and bought a Frankfort Arsenal morning be that is trouble free. It’s a shame as the old round one I once had was flawless.

onelight
09-16-2019, 06:18 PM
I had problems with the small primer tray. Primers flipped. It was as on an Ergo Prime. The Lee solution was to sell upgraded trays that are shaped differently. I gave it away and bought a Frankfort Arsenal morning be that is trouble free. It’s a shame as the old round one I once had was flawless.
You can by the upgrade kit with both primer trays and adapters for the ergo prim for $8.00 from titan .:D