PDA

View Full Version : Wanted , revolver lock assembly

redneck1
09-11-2019, 04:15 PM
I have a winter project in mind ... so here's what I need .

A lock assembly from a revolver , from hammer to the trigger .

I don't need anything specific , but I do have a preference or three.

First thing is I don't need anything of real high quality... worn out junk that is complete is fine ... my definition of complete is the need to be able to cock and trip a hammer . I don't need to be able to index or a lock a cylinder . But the more that's there the better

Something from a medium to large frame revolver would suit my needs better .

Single action is the preferance of course , but I can work with double action just fine . Transfer bars are fine . But no rebounding hammers .

So like i mentioned this is a winter project so I am in no hurry , just figured I'd ask here first before giving someone on gunbroker my money for a parts gun .

skeettx
09-11-2019, 04:22 PM
How will you mount the hammer, trigger, sear, spring?
Or do you need the frame for spacing?
Maybe a Ruger or S&W or other with top strap blown away?

redneck1
09-11-2019, 04:41 PM
If the price was right and it was a " destroyed " or antique frame that didn't have to threw an ffl that would be fine with me .
It would initially save me some effort .
But a frame isn't needed , I plan on starting from scratch , I work much faster with visual aids rather then pencil and paper .
And having parts that work from the start that I can cut ,weld ,grind on before making them myself would be a huge step forward

RU shooter
09-13-2019, 08:05 AM
I have/had some sw 686 no dash parts I'll see if I can scrounge them up and see what's what will pm you if when I find it

Tim

edp2k
09-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Consider a cheap or used BP revolver like a Colt 1851 or 1860 copy.
No FFL needed.
Take off the barrel assembly and you have what you requested.

Pressman
09-23-2019, 03:47 PM
I have a Remington replica free for the asking. Along these lines I have an in-line BP rifle a gentleman built in the 1960's that uses a revolver hammer and trigger for the action. He designed it all and built it.
It was my first rifle and one that I will put in my casket.

Remington is free, PM for details.

redneck1
09-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Thank you sir , a pm has been sent.

For the curious , I have a build in mind along the lines of a ruger Hawkeye single shot .
Nothing concrete yet , just an idea .

Eddie Southgate
10-13-2019, 01:21 PM
Pressman , Would you be willing to post pictures of that rifle ?? Also can you share the name of the maker ?

Pressman
10-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Eddie, I don't see a picture of it in any folder. I will have to take some then post them in the Muzzleloading forum.

Eddie Southgate
10-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Thanks , I'll look forward to seeing them .