PDA

View Full Version : Lube Sizer Heater Controler on the cheap

Just Duke
11-02-2008, 11:53 PM
I have been using this one all day and it seems to work. So I'm returning the Bag O' Part and dimmer swich back to Home Depot and going with the Harbor Freight units.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43060

Nueces
11-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Now, that's interesting. Does the lit say anything about duty cycle, or is it in Engrish? [smilie=1:

Mark

Just Duke
11-03-2008, 12:11 AM
It's pretty much is a glorified dimmer switch if you ask me.

compass will
11-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Duke, I never realized I even needed this until last week, press got hot and lube was coming out of any crack it could find. guess a trip to HF is in order.

mazo kid
11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
What you are doing is cutting off the top of the AC sine wave and not really controlling heat. The reason it probably works as well as it does is that with the limited voltage it doesn't heat to full temp. Hey, if it works that's what counts.

Just Duke
11-13-2008, 05:53 PM
What you are doing is cutting off the top of the AC sine wave and not really controlling heat. The reason it probably works as well as it does is that with the limited voltage it doesn't heat to full temp. Hey, if it works that's what counts.

So isn't this just a dimmer switch Mazo?

cajun shooter
11-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Travel iron has a built in heat control that works great. Everything in one small package for one small price and only one plug and wire.