PDA

View Full Version : Beretta M9 vs. Wisconsin LE Qualification Course

Hrfunk
09-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Here's one for all the Beretta fans out there!

Howard

https://youtu.be/LLKfiro8TYw

rintinglen
09-09-2019, 11:45 AM
What an Interesting mix of skills. I'm still not sure what 3 dummy rounds in a row represent, but overall, a great course. And that was some darned fine shooting with a pistol that did not seem to fit your hand all that well.
Good job, Howard.
Oh, and I loved the star spangled holster and mag pouch. Every time you drew the pistol though, I had to fight the urge to salute.

Hrfunk
09-09-2019, 01:09 PM
What an Interesting mix of skills. I'm still not sure what 3 dummy rounds in a row represent, but overall, a great course. And that was some darned fine shooting with a pistol that did not seem to fit your hand all that well.
Good job, Howard.
Oh, and I loved the star spangled holster and mag pouch. Every time you drew the pistol though, I had to fight the urge to salute.

Ha, ha! Thanks! I really like the holster/mag pouch combo too!

Howard

Petrol & Powder
09-09-2019, 05:25 PM
That is a complex qualification course. Good Shooting!

While I understand the need to train for malfunctions, I don't think qualification is the same as training. Not sure I like the idea of malfunction drills incorporated into a qualification course.

Thanks for another great video.

Hrfunk
09-10-2019, 06:19 AM
That is a complex qualification course. Good Shooting!

While I understand the need to train for malfunctions, I don't think qualification is the same as training. Not sure I like the idea of malfunction drills incorporated into a qualification course.

Thanks for another great video.

You're welcome! I kind of like those drills in there. The reason is because, for various reasons, some officers don't/won't attend additional firearms training. Incorporating drills like that in the qualification course insures that they at least practice those skills as often as they are required to qualify.

Howard

Char-Gar
09-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Thank you for posting the video. I watched and enjoyed it.

Hrfunk
09-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Thank you for posting the video. I watched and enjoyed it.

Thanks for watching!

Howard