PDA

View Full Version : One Shot Gun Cleaner and Dry Lube

Texas by God
09-08-2019, 11:51 PM
I normally use OneShot case Lube - but I was out. So I wondered if the other One Shot(cleaner/dry Lube)-would work.
It did very well but I was just loading .41 Mag using old steel dies. Bottleneck rifle cases may be more of a test.
Any way- I thought I’d share.

DiverJay
09-09-2019, 12:15 AM
ISO alcohol and lanolin mixed in a spry bottle approx 10-1. The purer the alcohol the better. You can get liquid Heet from the auto parts store. That's nearly pure alcohol. Lanolin you can get from the health food store. A spray bottle full will last you a couple years or more. Cheaper than One Shot and IMO, works much better too. I'd rather use that for bottleneck cases than risk getting a stuck case.

Sig556r
09-09-2019, 07:48 AM
ISO alcohol and lanolin mixed in a spry bottle approx 10-1. The purer the alcohol the better. You can get liquid Heet from the auto parts store. That's nearly pure alcohol. Lanolin you can get from the health food store. A spray bottle full will last you a couple years or more. Cheaper than One Shot and IMO, works much better too. I'd rather use that for bottleneck cases than risk getting a stuck case.

+1 ^^^ what DiverJay said

dannyd
09-09-2019, 10:29 AM
I use both the one shot and the lanolin mix. One shot works better for me less mess.

charlie b
09-10-2019, 09:19 AM
I love using the One Shot case lube.

Given the product descriptions the only difference I see is one is listed as a cleaner and lube vs just a lube. So, maybe you can get the cases cleaned as well as lubed :)

I will try some with my .223. Cases will stick in that die if not lubed well.

robg
09-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Don't waste the dry lube on cases keep it for lubing guns etc .