PDA

View Full Version : Casepro 100

454bore
09-03-2019, 09:42 PM
Just recently purchased a Casepro 100 that was a NIB unit, never had been used.

After cleaning it up and lubricating the unit, and installing the 45ACP die I ran a small batch (about 30 pieces) of 45ACP through it. The brass came out with some surface marring (see photo). Shiny and bright at the case head but about 1/3 up from the case head you can see where the marring starts. The die is defiantly taking some brass off as they you can just barely see a trace of brass on a small section of the die.

Can anyone with experience using a Casepro 100 tell me if this is normal, am I doing something incorrectly, or if there is maybe issues with the dies? All brass was cleaned just prior to running it through the Casepro.

FYI - had the same issue with a small batch of 40S&W brass that I ran through on the 40S&W die.

Thanks!

JimB..
09-04-2019, 12:12 AM
It’s working.

The die has to be a little rough or the brass won’t roll through. It mostly smooths out with your sizing die, but where it doesn’t is fine.

WardT
09-04-2019, 09:20 AM
this is normal, It does a great job on banged up rims.

jmorris
09-04-2019, 09:26 AM
As Jim said, it has to roll the case between the two dies, the surface ground finish on the does are what allows that and leaves the finish you see. Normal.

They are ready for your normal load process.

454bore
09-04-2019, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the responses!

JeepHammer
09-05-2019, 01:51 AM
You will find two things,
1. Cracked cases 'Chirp' like a cricket, makes them easy to sort out without going blind.
2. With straight side cases, you often don't need to resize.
Any taper in the case you will have to resize.

Use white grease when you lube, your machine will last MUCH longer with regular cleaning & proper lube.
Mine is so old it's 'Purple' and it works like a champ.

454bore
09-05-2019, 06:11 PM
Mine is purple as well. Just recently picked it up on an auction site. Was NIB, had never been used. Almost all parts/accessories were still sealed in their bags. Came with 9mm dies as well as a 40s&w/45acp duplex die.