PDA

View Full Version : Help me price this reloader!

MedinaMan
09-03-2019, 04:34 PM
My grandpa recently passed away and while going through some of his things I found this old Herters Model 72 reloader that I know nothing about. Part of me wants to keep it for a talking piece but the other half of me wants to sell it. From what I see it has parts needed to reload 20 guage, 16 guage, and whatever is currently on it, maybe 12? It also has a piece with a house plug on it, forgot to take a picture but I do have it. If I were to sell it what do you guys think would be a fair price? Thanks for all the help in advance!

Winger Ed.
09-03-2019, 05:22 PM
I'd keep it unless I was really desperate for a few bucks.

If you sell it, it won't bring much, and if you or anyone in the family ever would like to have, or use it-
it'd be gone forever.

I've had a few things from my grandparents that were mementos.
They wouldn't sell for much, but I didn't really want them either.
I gave them to a few different cousins that were thrilled to death to get them.

Pressman
09-03-2019, 05:24 PM
As a Herter's collector, they are not worth much. In the condition it is in, less than the cost of postage to mail it.

Keep digging, there should be some little discs and bushings that fit the powder measure. If you can find them and include them with the powder/shot measure it will help lot.

This is your first post here, and this type of post is generally considered a feeler for price, and not allowed.

MedinaMan
09-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Alright thank you guys for the info! He has a few newer reloaders I'm planning on keeping to possibly use one day but I figured this might be worth something! Ill keep digging and looking but looks like I need to start building a box for my basement bar whenever I finally make it!

Pressman
09-03-2019, 07:12 PM
It was your grandfathers, it has sentimental value, it is worth it's weight in gold just for that reason.