PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 464 Davidson edition

snowwolfe
09-03-2019, 01:07 PM
What a amazing woods rifle. Laminated stock, short barrel, hi visibility sights, drilled and tapped for scope bases, sling studs and Marine cote finish. I never knew this rifle existed until I traded a pistol for it. I had purchased a Marlin youth model last year and was going to add a recoil pad to increase the LOP then ceracote the metal. All my work is done for me by the company. You can find these on Gunbrokers for the mid $400 range.
https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=41050&mfg=Mossberg&mdl=464&cat=2&type=Rifle&cal=All&zipcode=86323

The example I own has a decently smooth action and crisp trigger pull although its about 5.5-6 pounds. Plan is to install a red dot on it and use it for whitetail hunting this fall.

Mtnflyer
09-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Hope you enjoy that gun Snowwolfe, I have one on the way myself from Bud's. Looking forward to loading some boolits and trying it out. I have a controlled hunt this fall and will probably take the .270 as the ranges tend to be long in this area (Nevada Idaho border)... but look forward to having the little .30-30 for a jeep and ATV gun for general plinking and whatnot.

FergusonTO35
09-03-2019, 04:08 PM
I have a standard 464 and it is a great rifle for the money. Very cast friendly too, I'm planning to hunt deer with it and the 170 grain Lee slug this fall.