PDA

View Full Version : Another AR Trigger ?

nun2kute
08-23-2019, 09:56 AM
curious about trigger "cassette's".
paid what I would consider big bucks for aftermarket trigger component style (all pieces),and have been happy with them. (175$$ range)
reviews say cassette's are superior. or maybe consistent would be a better word. haven't seen much real discussion on triggers other than in product reviews. other than easing assembly is there other pro's or con's to consider ?
jack rabbits is probably the hardest work it will do, tin cans, paper and keeping my pup exercised mostly.
the ones I was looking at this morning were 3lbs and 99.99$, where I was thinking 3.5-4lbs would be more closer to what I would need. what's your thoughts ?

Omega
08-23-2019, 10:43 AM
curious about trigger "cassette's".
paid what I would consider big bucks for aftermarket trigger component style (all pieces),and have been happy with them. (175$$ range)
reviews say cassette's are superior. or maybe consistent would be a better word. haven't seen much real discussion on triggers other than in product reviews. other than easing assembly is there other pro's or con's to consider ?
jack rabbits is probably the hardest work it will do, tin cans, paper and keeping my pup exercised mostly.
the ones I was looking at this morning were 3lbs and 99.99$, where I was thinking 3.5-4lbs would be more closer to what I would need. what's your thoughts ?
I only purchase triggers that have been polished, most in the $50 and under range and they work great for my purposes. The drop-in triggers are nice, but for me, they are not that nice. The advantage they have is that they can be tuned at the factory and they have full control over the tolerances of their trigger. If I was shooting for competition, or somehow made money with it, I'd invest in one, but otherwise for hunting and plinking, what I have works just fine.

osteodoc08
08-23-2019, 11:32 AM
I’ve have several Geissele triggers and a POF in my ARs and Timneys in my bolt guns including a Calvin elite in my last build. Single and double stage. I’ve found I really like the double stage triggers for my ARs and a nice crisp single stage for target and varmint work. I’ve found no difference in component vs cassette types in my usage.

lefty o
08-23-2019, 01:33 PM
the jard adj is my #1 choice in ar triggers. dont have much use for the cassete types. having said that, trigger tech has released one recently, and if its anything like their bolt gun triggers it'll be a must have.

cwlongshot
08-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Loads of excellent triggers today. Everyone and there mothers cousin has something!!

I know its not a “cassette”. But I REALLY like the LaRue that goes on sale regularly for 100$. Its a FINE TRIGGER

CW

Rockwell
08-23-2019, 03:07 PM
I've done builds with CMC, Giessele, and TriggerTech. I like them all, but I've pretty well settled on CMC. Their 3.5 pound feels just right to me.

Preacher Jim
08-23-2019, 04:01 PM
Stayed with cmc used several others gave them to fellows and replaced with cmc cassettes 3.5 pounds and crisp

bdicki
08-23-2019, 04:36 PM
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

KMac
08-23-2019, 04:44 PM
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/
That LaRue trigger you linked to is the only trigger I will buy from now on. It is sweet for $87. Love the one in my 6.5 Grendel.

koger
08-23-2019, 07:22 PM
I have 3 of the cmc, all are marked 3.5 all are under that, single stage and crisp! My AR pistols were not shooting that well, after installing the cmc's, all of them cut their groups in half!!

nun2kute
08-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Where would the fun be if I had enough cash to try them all ? I could do reviews and spread my internet opinion/expertise online, life would be good [smilie=w: okay, fantasies aside.
tried Geissele and Timney, nice triggers w/no complaints. Polished several GI/parts kit triggers myself and improved on them, but not completely satisfied with them. Even though the price is nice.
Like I said, i'm just curious. Got a AR15 and 10 in the works, just keeping my mind open with an eye out for sales, no hurry. I had just decided to try and keep this trigger over parts kits and under 100$ and you have provided well. I even got names never heard before. AAAHh but the weekend beckons, it's time to go shooting !!!

Iron369
08-23-2019, 10:18 PM
The larue trigger is nice, but I don’t think it’s far superior from an enhanced psa trigger group and it’s much cheaper. As far as a cassette style, cmc is tough to beat as far as value for the money.

KMac
08-23-2019, 10:55 PM
I guess it is just personal preference. I do prefer the LaRue over the PSA enhanced it replaced. But the PSA enchanced is a nice trigger for the money.

jmort
08-23-2019, 11:07 PM
I like POF 4.5 pound
With the KNS pins

rfd
08-24-2019, 05:16 AM
put a drop-in RISE armament RA140 into the first AR and did the same for the second AR. wonderful triggers and priced right.

Green Frog
09-01-2019, 03:23 PM
When I wasn’t buying I saw a couple of the mid-priced cassette type triggers that were user adjustable for weight. Has anyone here tried any of these and if yes, how did they do for you?

Froggie

nun2kute
09-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Not sure what you consider "mid-priced" but Primary Arms is having a Labor Day sale rite now. I'm still window shopping.

M-Tecs
09-04-2019, 01:25 PM
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2019/09/black-rifle-trigger-fest-ar15-and-ar10-triggers-reviewed/?fbclid=IwAR2K1sXhfqshYuNrXqkhwWYsMMys3PC0vKfk270D LbX4d_MEVjY69KsKNrw