PDA

View Full Version : Officer slide on Commander frame?

psychbiker
08-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Anyone do this?

I have a commander frame I need to cut slides and barrel seat.

I’d like to put a 9mm Officer slide on it.

There’s a handful of complete officer slides available. Be easier than doing all that fitting. My only worry is the barrel fit in the type of frame I have. I don’t think if my frame is for a ramped or not ramped.

DougGuy
08-21-2019, 01:52 PM
Commander and Officer have the same dimensions on top. Colt made some of those for Lew Horton they called them Commanding Officer. You would need a 9mm ejector or the slide won't even go on the frame if it was/is a 45 ACP frame.

Greg S
08-21-2019, 03:02 PM
Can't say without measuring my two copies but they are 2750 miles away right now so...

psychbiker
08-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Para Ordinance has 9mm 3.5 Officer slides. I know their LDA slides are not compatible but maybe their standard 9mm Officer frames are.

M-Tecs
08-21-2019, 04:04 PM
The standard Government model has 5" barrel, the Commander has 4 1/4" barrel and the Officer Model is 3 1/2". The Officer model slide will fit to your Commander frame without issue. The Officer models tend to be a little more finicky for ammo. I have owned two and sold both of them. Nothing wrong with them but I preferred the 4 1/4" Commanders for carry.

If non Colt slides are OK you have lots of options. If it has to be a Colt I don't believe they made them in 9mm.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/the-colt-1911-officers-acp-rocks-on-classic-pistol-report/