PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Spar T

Scoutdog99
08-17-2019, 12:35 AM
I have a Lyman Spar T that is need of a facelift. It looks like prior the prior owner(s) used a variety of colored paints over the years as several different colors are finally showing through.

My plan is to bead blast it and repaint it back to an original color. My question is regarding colors. From pictures, it looks like the Spar T was grey with a red turret, but I’ve also seen pictures of a yellow/orange version with a black turret. Did Lyman offer the Spar T in the yellow/orange color or were those just user custom paint jobs?

Thanks

JBinMN
08-17-2019, 01:04 AM
Mine is original, with Grey body & Red Turret. I have not seen one any other colors than that, anyway. Not sure if that helps ya or not, but at least it is one answer about the original colors.

If he does not stop in here and say something himself, the member/Moderator Pressman collects presses & may have some more info if there were any other original colors at some time.

white cloud
08-17-2019, 03:05 AM
Mine matches JBinMN's press as far as color goes. I love mine for loading .38/.357.

Pressman
08-17-2019, 06:20 AM
The orginal colors were gray and red. There's a later press with several design changes that is black and orange. These are not as common as the gray and red model.

Alstep
08-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Gray & red on mine as well. Have 3 of them, all the same. Great press for pistol loading.

too many things
08-17-2019, 10:51 PM
the gray is battle ship the red was called vermilion
just to make it easy Massey Ferguson tractor paint is same

Binky
08-17-2019, 11:48 PM
Mine is the Orange and Black version. Bought mine, used in the early 90s. I think mine is probably a late version. I have seen the gray/red. It is what I use to load most all of the pistol rounds I use now days. Works well and I had a co-worker print me a primer catcher(I have an original that I bought with my first press, a Spartan. Like all primer catchers of its type, I must sweep the floor a couple times a year!).

doulos
08-25-2019, 11:22 PM
My first press was a Spar T orange and black version.