Must have FOID

3 day wait, Gun shows even face to face and must get IL State approval
Out of state to you must go to FFL (4473) internet purchase

Blackpowder and Air Rifles must go through FFL

Minimum age of long gun sales is 21.

Sig556r
08-08-2019, 09:29 AM
Texas...
To buy a gun from dealer, show CHL (if none, TxDL & phone-in NICS check), fill out 4473, pay & GTG.
To buy from individual FTF, no need for paperwork but most will ask for your TxDL & may require a BoS. I do both (TxDl or CHL + BoS) if I sell or trade to have my own records.

kerplode
08-08-2019, 12:32 PM
This site has up-to-date info for every state:
https://www.handgunlaw.us/

gwpercle
08-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Louisiana

Open carry is legal , no permit required .

MrWolf
08-08-2019, 02:51 PM
West Virginia is Constitutional carry allowing concealed or open as long as of age and not prohibited. CCW issued if you want to carry in other states and must be a live pistol firing NRA course. They wouldn't accept my Florida concealed as I didn't have any live fire pistol courses.

Idaho45guy
08-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Washington - In order to buy a semi-automatic rifle(which the state has declared all semi-automatic rifles as "assault rifles") you must be 21, then apply for a permit from your local sheriff or chief of police, have attended an approved safety course within the last five years, pay a $25 fee, and wait at least 10 days. When you apply for the permit, the local law enforcement agency then has the authority to access all of your medical and mental health records and has up to 30 days to approve the purchase.

All that went into effect last month.

Making plans to move to Idaho ASAP.

RU shooter
08-09-2019, 03:04 PM
In Pa. long guns private party transfers no paperwork involved . Pistols must go through a FFL fill out the form they call for the insta check and that's about it. All black powder no FFL needed

Carry permits Are easy to get through the county sheriff where you live took10 minutes to get mine or renew. Open carry is legal