PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Hollywood Senior Single Stage Reloading Press -

15meter
08-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Not my monkeys, not my show, but if some one is looking for a Hollywood Senior in NW Ohio/SW Michigan it's here:

https://toledo.craigslist.org/spo/d/wauseon-vintage-hollywood-senior-single/6949424130.html

Don't know if it is a good deal or not, just found it trolling the Innerweb.

Stuff like this needs a wider audience, or it may end up in the dumpster because they can't get any offers off just a Craigslist ad, that would be criminal.

And no I don't need any more presses. The wife is convinced they are breeding in the shed as it is now.

Kevin Rohrer
08-04-2019, 06:08 PM
Not a bad price, considering its condition and the goodies that come with it. I already have one, otherwise, it would be mine.

super6
08-04-2019, 06:18 PM
I have one, at that price, snap it up!

15meter
08-04-2019, 06:27 PM
I have one, at that price, snap it up!

But I already have 4 RCBS presses plus a Lyman T-Mag. The concrete floor in the shed is starting to buckle. I don't want to disappear down a black hole caused by too much reloading "stuff".

super6
08-04-2019, 06:31 PM
You will be sorry:cry: Sell all that junk and get the hollywood!

15meter
08-04-2019, 07:07 PM
You will be sorry:cry: Sell all that junk and get the hollywood!

Tell me how much clearance it has for brass+boolit before seating, if it's got enough to do 450/470 N.E. I could be tempted. Those are the only two that really give me problems because of over all length. At times it is easier to stick the boolit into the seater die than slide the case in then let the boolit down on top of the case.

And the buddy the I load these for told me if I saw a BIG press, for me to buy it. He'd pay for it if I kept reloading for his boomer stuff with cast boolits.

I load for him because:

A) I like to reload

B) he pays for all the molds/components

C) I get to shoot some really cool rifles

D) he buys me beer. What more can you ask for?

richhodg66
08-04-2019, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a good friend to me.

That's a neat old press. I bet it sits on Craigslist a while. You may give it a couple of weeks and make a lower offer, you never know. The fact that they misspelled "dies" and a few other things tells me they don't know much about it. I bet it was grandpa's who passed and relatives are just wanting to get rid of stuff.

Kevin Rohrer
08-05-2019, 12:10 PM
Tell me how much clearance it has for brass+boolit before seating, if it's got enough to do 450/470 N.E. I could be tempted. Those are the only two that really give me problems because of over all length. At times it is easier to stick the boolit into the seater die than slide the case in then let the boolit down on top of the case.

Although not designed for long cartridges, it does ok. Here is a pic of mine holding a 45-70 cartridge. Now if you want to load everything up thru 50BMG, get a Senior Turret.

15meter
08-05-2019, 02:40 PM
470 Nitro Express Overall Length: 3.98 in"
45/70 Overall Length: 2.550"

3.98-2.55=1.43, plus you have to have room on top of the case to place the boolit before seating. Nope, doesn't do anything that "junk" I already own doesn't do already:violin:

Maybe academic at this point the ad disappeared off of Craigslist, thank god!

Maybe someone here snatched it up:drinks:

Although not designed for long cartridges, it does ok. Here is a pic of mine holding a 45-70 cartridge. Now if you want to load everything up thru 50BMG, get a Senior Turret.

super6
08-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Just for the archives, The full open position with no die and no shell holder is 4.250. Just for the record the word "Junk" was in jest.

AaronL
08-05-2019, 07:58 PM
The site says "This posting has been flagged for removal."

What was the price on it before it was flagged for removal?

Bent Ramrod
08-05-2019, 11:19 PM
I recall $300.

Pretty good assortment of Stuff went with it, including a set of Hollywood bullet swage dies, and the ejector frame. A Hollywood press accessory not often found.

I went to an auction nine years ago that featured a Hollywood Senior press, with no attachments, and the bids shot past $250 in about six seconds. Memory has drawn a merciful curtain over what it wound up costing someone. So I would say $300 isn’t too high.

15meter
08-06-2019, 10:23 PM
Just for the archives, The full open position with no die and no shell holder is 4.250. Just for the record the word "Junk" was in jest.

Didn't take it as anything other than a little needling, I've got tons of junk around here and I do need to sell some of it.:grin:

Just kind of wishing I had gone and looked at it now, if I had known it had that much clearance I would have.

15meter
08-06-2019, 10:37 PM
The site says "This posting has been flagged for removal."

What was the price on it before it was flagged for removal?

It was $300, unless Craigslist has changed it's policy this was an acceptable listing, reloading equipment was ok, components were not allowed. Unfortunately, Craigslist is "self policing" which means that there are anti-gunners trolling looking for posts like this to "flag" for removal. Because it's an automated system the listing just disappears. Shades of 1984. Don't like? Don't approve? Just make it disappear.

onelight
08-06-2019, 11:04 PM
I sold a pile of stuff on Craigslist not to long ago it's was on there about 3 days and sold , the add disappeared the same day . It's ignorant and makes no sense.