PDA

View Full Version : Iver Johnson TP22 Magazine

hockeynick39
08-04-2019, 01:09 PM
So, a friend has an Iver Johnson TP22 (imported from Erma Werke, made in Middlesex, NJ). It came apart during a range day and he couldn't get it back together. Got it back together, no parts or other issues and it functions properly. Person shooting it must've had too much pressure on the trigger guard when it was cycling the action came apart. Anyway, the magazine is plastic on the base, everything else is stamped metal and the plastic broke. Going to attempt to glue it back together, but am looking for a more permanent type solution for this. I have done the normal internet search and found magazines for $35 and up for originals and $39 and up for Triple K reproductions. Anyone have any other ideas?

onelight
08-04-2019, 03:40 PM
If you could post some pictures of the mag parts there may be some other 22 mag base that would fit or could be adapted, just a thought.

hockeynick39
08-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Thought about that and even considered carving a new one from walnut or mesquite. However, I was able to do a decent enough job with some JB Weld.

Geezer in NH
08-05-2019, 06:53 PM
Mine separated in half when it was currently new. It IMHO is a *** and would not pay 1 dollar to fix it.

Buy a Walther or Beretta instead.

Just my opinion but I bought it to be a backup when I was LEO and it faild in under 1oo shots. I replaced it with a Berretta 21