PDA

View Full Version : P320 M17 with DeltaPoint Pro - my new edc

Highway41
08-03-2019, 08:57 PM
The M17 has been interesting to me since I heard of its adoption by the military. Reading more and more about it got me wavering back and forth on picking one up. Do I really need another pistol, even more so do I want another platform to have to work with and accessorize.

So anyway on this last 4th of July after the fireworks display we got back home and the page my computer was on was my cart at Buds with the M17 staring at me, I hit the buy button.

The medium grip it came with was OK but I ordered a size small and after trying it out it gets to stay.

The DeltaPoint Pro that I put on it last week was a revelation. I have worn strong prescription trifocal lenses and had gotten used to blurry, take your pick either the front sight or target were going to be blurry. I went with the 2.5 moa dot and to say I'm loving it would be to put it mildly. Both the target and dot are crystal clear.

Back to the M17. It's a great shooter and has fed everything except some under powered loads I made up for a friend's tiny 9mm that I wanted to unload for the brass. After a few ladder tests I found that it likes a Berrys 124 gr RN over 5.4 gr of AA5. If I do my part that load out of my gun will make ragged one hole groups out to 25'.

The Grayguns holster is a new style for me and I think once I find the right position on my belt it will be great. I honestly don't notice the DPP when holstered.

My only disappointment is that my preferred sd ammo Federal HST 124 standard pressure groups horribly, best I can do is about 6" which is really disappointing but I'll just have to test with other rounds over time.

Enough rambling here are a few pictures. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/ba3b3784f96561b5286afaadc2351f17.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/7c9b09f9db3f466d780bfc53b0b26935.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190804/890b8136d1e3969a192f74449e2c5e93.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

jmort
08-03-2019, 11:04 PM
Love that gun.
Huge 320 fan

winelover
08-04-2019, 07:07 AM
Love that gun.
Huge 320 fan

Likewise. I have the RX compact, with Sig's Romeo 1 reflex sight. Suppressor height night sights, allows optional use, through the reflex's lens.

Highway41
04-11-2020, 07:10 PM
It's an old thread but it's mine so I thought better to resurrect than start new.

I haven't been on CB for awhile but with the downtime forced on me from the job during this covid-19 issue I have finally found time to get back to more than just routine edc'n. Another reason is that I have taken to the M17 as my edc and couldn't be happier. A friend was needing some cash around the first and even though I offered a loan he refused so I bought his P320 Compact RX with the first gen Romeo 1. Took both Sig's to the range to site in the new toy which hadn't seen much use and needed zeroing on my preferred loads. Couple of hundred through each was a nice diversion from playing Mr mom ( the fiance's job is way more essential than mine).

Good news is the P320 really likes the HST 124 standard pressure rounds with one ragged 5 rd hole at 20 yds and it's no slouch with my reloads. The M17 still does better with my reloads.

I ordered some MBC 147 FP to load up in order to use less powder per round and stretch my supply a little bit. The only thing I need to do to the P320 is to get a flat trigger like the M17.

I happened to order a Garrett Ind holster for the M17 just before picking up the P320 and eagerly await its arrival and will post my thoughts about the holster when it comes.

Thanks for listening.