PDA

View Full Version : I have a hankerin to buy a ML shotgun pistol.

Handshaker
08-03-2019, 11:16 AM
I have debated which on to get over the past couple weeks. I was leaning towards the Diablo but was also considering the Howdah Hunter.
I think the diablo is less useful than the Howdah, even though the diablo is much less money. Anyone have the Howdah? Can you get decent accuracy shooting other than lead shot out the the smooth bore when i dont want to shoot shot? I am thinking i wall pay up for the Howdah.
thanks
https://americanguncraft.com/product/diablo-12-gauge-pistol-nickel-with-black-or-rosewood-finish-grips-available-soon-place-your-backorder-now/

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/tipologia-prodotti.asp/l_en/idt_29/pistols-howdah-hunter.html

Ramjet-SS
08-03-2019, 04:18 PM
I canceled my order the gun was on order for 5-months kept saying I was next on the list.....BS

jdfoxinc
08-03-2019, 06:35 PM
They just hadn't gotten to making a run of the howda yet. DP only has 1 or 2 lines for muzzle loaders. They won't increase production because of some strange Italian law about employment. Try 9rdering it from one of their American dealers.

Handshaker
08-03-2019, 08:18 PM
which one?

jdfoxinc
08-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Cabellas?

KCSO
08-04-2019, 11:03 AM
They will shoot as true as any smoothbore pistol. I have had Howda's, blanket guns, cut down shotguns and various single shot smoothbore pistols. I use to carry a Charlyville pistol loaded with shot when hunting for use on rabbits. Otherwise there is a limited use for a big bore smoothbore pistol as most of use don't hae a horse or an elephant to tote us around and those guns are heavy after a day of hunting. or just a fun gun to play with or drop an occasional rabbit around camp they will work fine. There are no shoots dedicated to them and no other practical use.

Handshaker
08-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Well i pulled the trigger, went on Raise.com and bought cabelas gift cards to save 10%. I bought the Howdah and all said and done after taxes ect is was 700 delivered. Ill be checking Monday with Pedersoli to see if i can buy the 50x50 barrel for this too. I wonder if it will work on the 20ga pistol?, i cant see why it wouldn't.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/Pedersoli-Howdah-Hunter-Ga-Pistol/740261.uts?slotId=0

Ramjet-SS
08-05-2019, 09:55 AM
They just hadn't gotten to making a run of the howda yet. DP only has 1 or 2 lines for muzzle loaders. They won't increase production because of some strange Italian law about employment. Try 9rdering it from one of their American dealers.

Nope they lost me not that I am impatient just the numerous excesses from GunCrafter.

Handshaker
08-05-2019, 12:22 PM
Nope they lost me not that I am impatient just the numerous excesses from GunCrafter.

So, you ordered the Diablo not the Howdah. I was going to order the diablo but a 12ga with a 7" barrel seemed more useless to me than the 12" 20ga on the howdah, plus the fact Pedersoli makes some very nice high quality hand made guns.