DCP
07-28-2019, 06:30 PM

RED BEAR
07-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Amen to that.

GhostHawk
07-28-2019, 09:06 PM
And Amen!

Like any really good parent he knows when to say no. He knows when to give us what we need, not what we want.

Doing a great job Lord, carry on please.

Pine Baron
07-29-2019, 08:55 AM
"...ahhh finally you have the idea." Love this. Thanks.

buckwheatpaul
07-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the WORD.....

Hogtamer
07-30-2019, 10:38 AM
excellent

Sig556r
07-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Nice post.
Its just disheartening sometimes lurking at other threads & find posts blaming Him for mass shootings, tragedies, terrorism, diseases, yet His very existence is challenged...
It took 10 plagues & a son for a pharaoh...

DCP
07-30-2019, 11:01 AM
Nice post.
Its just disheartening sometimes lurking at other threads & find posts blaming Him for mass shootings, tragedies, terrorism, diseases, yet His very existence is challenged...
It took 10 plagues & a son for a pharaoh...

God gave man free will. God also gave his Angels free will. All the evil is started by his Angel Satan the fallen Angel. Then man can be evil.

pworley1
07-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Good post.

EMC45
07-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Amen, amen and amen.

Rizzo
07-30-2019, 02:03 PM
The Bible states ".....ask and ye shall receive..."
Yet, many have asked and did not receive.

Blackwater
07-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Wow! I've never seen Christianity summed up so nearly completely and succinctly. I need this hanging on my wall as a daily and constant reminder of my place in God's plan for us all. Thanks.

Don Purcell
08-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Never ask for anything

Blackwater
08-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Rob, this one ought to be made a sticky. Will you consider it?

LAH
08-03-2019, 03:55 PM
When you make up your mind help will come.

Blackwater
08-03-2019, 07:11 PM
LAH, you made me smile. As the old timers around here used to say, "Can't never did nothin'", and I guess that's true. I come from a long line of farmers, and I've often wondered what was thought and said when the two brothers, having sailed from England, found they'd been sold a section (a square mile, basically) of pure swampland, much of which was impenetrable. Yet, those two managed to carve out a living and a farm on the high spots, and .... well, when that old Ogeechee River mud gets in your veins, it just draws you back like a huge rubber band. It's a wonderful place to live and raise a family. It may not hold ALL the wonders God made, but is sure is full of so many types of life. Yeah, some of them bite and sting, and some are outright dangerous, but still, if you learn to deal with it all, it's a veritable wonderland, especially for growing boys.

The effort it took to carve that out of outright swampland, I cannot imagine. But they did. As Confucius said, "Even the longest journey begins with the first step," and that's the ethic that so many in this area operated by. Farmers are often faced with very difficult situations. That's why most have bad backs. So many overdo things, and overestimate their strength.

Life is, and always will be, a challenge IF we're to do it right. Those who have an "easy life" and never get challenged or threatened, will never learn how to deal with it all, and sooner or later, will wind up working for or under those who do. And many of those "rulers" will NOT be concerned with their "comfort." So sooner or later, all of us get challenged, and we have to be sharp enough to devise a plan, and then, take that 'first step,' and follow through to the end. It's said that we keep repeatedly having wars because we don't finish the last one. There's some truth in that.

LAH
08-07-2019, 10:26 PM
LAH, you made me smile. As the old timers around here used to say, "Can't never did nothin'", and I guess that's true.

Preaching a revival this week so just seeing this. I say that now. Can't never did nothing. I think once we make up our mind to do the things God asks, He will enable us to do.

I can't imagine the sweat that went into the farm.

USMC87
08-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Amen, A great read!

DCP
08-15-2019, 09:52 PM
It is so assuring to see so many that understand

Blessings to all