PDA

View Full Version : 30 hours to fix.

DCP
07-27-2019, 08:06 PM
No TV, PHONE, OR INTERNET. A big yellow semi and yellow trailer took out our cable. 30 hours to fix.

Anyone know of a trucking company in Illinois that has big yellow semis and yellow trailers.

mattw
07-27-2019, 09:35 PM
Well, maybe Yellow Freight.

RED BEAR
07-27-2019, 09:47 PM
Been there done that. Had to get a small generator got tired of losing freezer and refrigerator full of food.

Geezer in NH
07-29-2019, 07:54 PM
And your posting can't be that BAD

DCP
07-29-2019, 08:33 PM
And your posting can't be that BAD

Anyone, can you tell me what he is talking about?

Hossfly
07-29-2019, 08:45 PM
How are you able to post if you don’t have internet or phone? When my internet was out couldn’t do anything on line so just ran bush hog for two days sad very sad. But got a lot done outside.

DCP
07-29-2019, 08:51 PM
How are you able to post if you don’t have internet or phone? When my internet was out couldn’t do anything on line so just ran bush hog for two days sad very sad. But got a lot done outside.

They fixed it after 30 hours

Finster101
07-29-2019, 08:56 PM
"No TV, PHONE, OR INTERNET. A big yellow semi and yellow trailer took out our cable. 30 hours to fix."

Sounds relaxing.

dverna
07-30-2019, 08:28 AM
I learned my lesson. I have three generators. One 5000W I got new almost 20 years ago and then found a used Honda 11,000W that I could not pass up. Bought a third one...a little HF 900 watt for running the electric pole saw in the woods. Then a fourth one (Craftsman) that I gave to my son.

Not too expensive if buying used. Priceless when you need one.

redhawk0
07-30-2019, 09:08 AM
Anyone, can you tell me what he is talking about?

I think he meant "you're posting", meaning you have it back now. Or...he's referring to the 30 hours...in the North East here we have power outages in the Winter that sometimes will last 5+ days.

This happens to my neighbor across the street all the time. Our local utility poles are on my side so I never lose mine...but it gets strung kinda low to the other side of the street which is also on the down hill side. When a truck goes by and we hear that "Zinnnnggggg" we know what happened.

I'd check with Yellow Trucking if you want to make a claim. They must have records of local deliveries.

redhawk

higgins
07-30-2019, 08:22 PM
Maybe your cable company will help find the company so they can bill them for the repairs?

DocSavage
07-30-2019, 08:42 PM
DHL maybe?

Freightman
07-30-2019, 08:48 PM
Yellow trucks were swamp hollow orange,not yellow, trailers were silver.Not called Yellow now YRW and trucks are white.

sureYnot
07-30-2019, 09:33 PM
I think he meant "you're posting", meaning you have it back now. Or...he's referring to the 30 hours...in the North East here we have power outages in the Winter that sometimes will last 5+ days.

This happens to my neighbor across the street all the time. Our local utility poles are on my side so I never lose mine...but it gets strung kinda low to the other side of the street which is also on the down hill side. When a truck goes by and we hear that "Zinnnnggggg" we know what happened.

I'd check with Yellow Trucking if you want to make a claim. They must have records of local deliveries.

redhawkThere's a regulation on how high a cable or phone line must be above a given category of public street. It's also regulated how many inches below the power line these must be. If your neighbor wants it to end, they should start with the power company.

Edit: on reading again... That sounds like a drop to the premises. It's the customer's responsibility to provide a bump pole in most areas. The service provider should not have installed if they couldn't meet clearances.

Petrol & Powder
07-31-2019, 06:57 AM
Around here the phone company (CenturyLink) is notorious for substandard infrastructure. Low wires, rotted poles, trees on wires, etc. They just wait until something is destroyed and then repair it, often returning it to the same sad shape. I've notified the phone company about trees on their lines and they do not care unless the line breaks.

Last year I watched as a sagging cable across a major highway dipped lower and lower until a passing truck caught it. Pulled down the rotting pole and the next one in the line. The repair was just as pathetic as the pre-damaged condition. I've talked to the crews and it is clearly corporate policy to fix rather than maintain.
The power companies are much more diligent and do a very good of maintaining their equipment. The places where the phone lines piggy back on power company poles are in much better condition than the places where the phone lines are located solely on phone company poles.

I can make my own electricity if I need to but can't make my own internet & phone.

Land Owner
07-31-2019, 08:15 AM
Penske Rental Trucks

DCP
07-31-2019, 08:57 AM
Heres what happened. Comcast Cable came out to repaired my sagging cable.
They placed my cable behind my downspout instead of anchoring to the brick wall about 3 months ago.

Friday a big yellow full size 18 wheeler takes the cable out and the inside cable for 10 feet including an amplifier which we couldn't find and the downspout.

30 hours later it is now attached to the overhang and they repaired my downspout and said I no longer need an amp.

My cost was nothing.

DCP
07-31-2019, 09:07 AM
Friday cable is taken out
Saturday the refrigerator is 61 degrees it was fixed yesterday.

Monday the power goes out for almost 2 hours. The good news I have a whole house generator

Does anyone want my Black Cloud?

Hossfly
07-31-2019, 09:27 AM
These things usually come in 3s so i guess you up for now, good luck. That’s good you had the fore sight to get that gen set for your whole house, we did that 6 years ago and it has been wonderful. Neighbor calls and ask how long was the power been out and I tell her about 19 sec. she says I hate y’all, LOL.