View Full Version : Crush rib sabot any good?

Buzzard II
07-23-2019, 04:18 PM
I have a T/C .50 caliber White Mountain Carbine and been using the green smooth sabots with 240 grain XTP bullets (.430) for hunting with good results (100yds,). How are the crush rib sabots? Do they load any better. The smooth green sabots are a bit tough to load. Do the ribbed sabots shoot more accurately? I've been using Goex 3F-68 grains. I plan to switch to KIK 3F and possibly OE 3F. I have KIK 3F and some OE 3F so that's what I'll be using. Thanks!
Bob

Beagle333
07-23-2019, 06:58 PM
I don't know if they shoot more accurately, as I can't really tell, but they darn sure load a LOT easier! :D

NSB
07-23-2019, 07:09 PM
Sabots come in different thicknesses and there really is no such thing as a true 50cal muzzle loader. Every manufacturer has some different idea of what the bore diameter should be on a 50. I've owned quite a few different muzzle loaders, every thing from the Savage ML2 smokeless to different in-lines and traditionals. You're simply going to have to try them to find out. Right now I use a couple of different sabots in different guns depending on what bullet I'm using. I will say that the Crush Ribs are easy to load in some of my guns and shoot well in them.....but, so do other MMP and Harvester sabots. Just get some and try them out. Might want to call them also, they will tell you which sabots they sell that are thinner and load easier.