PDA

View Full Version : My Lars 45/45/10 is hard

lablover
07-22-2019, 08:56 PM
Haven’t used it in quite awhile..what’s the best way to get it solvent again..it’s like a thick grease right now. Seems the thinner or mineral spirits all evaporated

JM7.7x58
07-22-2019, 09:34 PM
I would boil a pot of water. Remove it from the heat and set that plastic bottle in that hot water. When it gets syrupy I would add some mineral spirits. You may have to replace the hot water a few times.

I would roughly guestimate how much is left in that bottle/jug and add back in 10% by volume odorless mineral spirits.

I made mine with cheap paint thinner that I had in the basement. It has worked just fine. Coleman fuel/Naphtha would work also. But the original recipe that Recluse gifted to us all called for odorless mineral spirits. Recluse refers to the finished consistency as like that of Coca-Cola.

JM

lablover
07-22-2019, 09:47 PM
I would boil a pot of water. Remove it from the heat and set that plastic bottle in that hot water. When it gets syrupy I would add some mineral spirits. You may have to replace the hot water a few times.

I would roughly guestimate how much is left in that bottle/jug and add back in 10% by volume odorless mineral spirits.

I made mine with cheap paint thinner that I had in the basement. It has worked just fine. Coleman fuel/Naphtha would work also. But the original recipe that Recluse gifted to us all called for odorless mineral spirits. Recluse refers to the finished consistency as like that of Coca-Cola.

JM

Worked like a charm! Thanks a million

JM7.7x58
07-23-2019, 01:56 AM
I’m glad it worked out for you!
JM