anyone have one
likes dislikes any info?
I want to buy one (in 9mm)for a easier daily carry
than my heavy 1911
I like the 1911 but after awhile it gets heavy
it has a 3.9"barrel and 17 round capacity

Outpost75
07-20-2019, 07:31 PM
LE neighbor's blue-label gun required THREE trips back to SIG before it would run with his department issue ammo.

jmort
07-20-2019, 07:38 PM
I have .45 ACP 320 Carry and full-size
Very happy
Zero issues which is no surprise considering the flawless performance in the lastest and most rigorous military tests conducted by the Marines. No surprise the Marines picked it. More and more LEO agencies are adopting the P320.
In the fullness of time, it will be regarded as a great design.

winelover
07-21-2019, 06:23 AM
I have one with the Romeo reflex sight in 9 mm. Love it, digests all my cast loads. Mine is a dedicated house gun. IMO, it's too large and heavy for daily CC. Their 365 might be a better choice for daily carry. Kahr CM 9 is my preferred CC semi.

Winelover

Kevinakaq
07-21-2019, 06:42 AM
Bought a Sig P320 compact a few years ago and has become my favorite polymer. Though I have been enjoying a new CZ P10c lately that gives the g19 a run for its money, but I digress. The p320 is easy to shoot accurately and in over a 1000 rounds I have never had a single failure (just double checked my log). A fine pistol that I would not hesitate to defend self or family with. Carry with confidence imho.

Petrol & Powder
07-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Any polymer framed, striker fired, high capacity semi-auto pistol that uses the Browning short recoil system that's not a Glock.......is a Glock knock-off.

And no, I'm not promoting Glock. I'm just pointing out that there just isn't a lot of difference between the executions of those basic designs.

Some companies do a better job than others in the final product but the basic concepts remain the same.

I do share Winelover's view that for concealed carry there may be better options. Something thinner, with more rounded edges (like the Kahr or something along those lines) may be more desirable for EDC.

I don't think capacity is an important issue for a concealed carry weapon. Something reliable, lightweight, thin and as snag-proof as you can make it; is a good place to start. On top of those requirements, a dead simple operating system such as double action only, striker fired without a manual safety or some other point and pull system.
If the criteria is a pistol, as opposed to a revolver, something along the lines of a Kahr, single stack Glock or something similar would be my choice.
I'm disparaging the SIG P320 compact, but it just seems to be yet another version of the excellent Glock 19 to me. The G19 is one of my favorite platforms and the other guns in that class are fine BUT; for an EDC - thin, light and rounded corners is the way to go.

jmort
07-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Who cares?????
It seems like every single thread on polymer striker-fired handguns get the same knee-jerk Pavlovian posts.
Tree, Glock
Rock, Glock
Mars, Glock
Whatever, Glock
It is not a Glock, thankfully
It has a modular fire system that can swap into different sized frames
Take-down is improved and not super-stupid
I like my Gen 3 G20 SFs but even I can discern that the P320 is not a Glock or even close to being a Glock knock-off.

Kevinakaq
07-21-2019, 11:50 AM
Who cares?????
It seems like every single thread on polymer striker-fired handguns get the same knee-jerk Pavlovian posts.
Tree, Glock
Rock, Golck
Mars, Glock
Whatever, Glock
It is not a Glock, thankfully
It has a modular fire system that can swap into different sized frames
Take-down is improved and not super-stupid
I like my Gen 3 G20 SFs but even I can discern that the P320 is not a Glock or even close to being a Glock knock-off.

Solid statement!

Idz
07-21-2019, 12:18 PM
Two problems I've had with a fullsize 45acp P320.
1) The takedown lever was almost impossible to turn. My fix is in the Gunsmithing section.
2) My PC lee 452-230-TC rounds would jam on the 1st round from a full magazine. The fix I've heard about is to polish off the sharp chamfered edge at the top of the chamber entrance. I haven't tried it yet but it seems logical. Conventional round nose feeds ok.

white eagle
07-21-2019, 12:24 PM
had a Glock at one point didn't like it so it went down the road
what is EDC.
I am not going under cover for the FBI or dealing with any drug king pins
so it doesn't need to be concealable just handy and ready
I do have another Sig 1911 for that duty

Petrol & Powder
07-21-2019, 02:49 PM
Browning Short Recoil system - probably the most popular locking system for pistols that use a locked breach

Barrel to slide locking via squared off ejection port - very common, almost ubiquitous in todays locked breach pistols that are not 1911 platforms. [BTW, barrel locking via a square ejection port was a SIG innovation]

Polymer frame - very common in today's pistols

Striker fired - Also very common. There are variations on this system but for the most part they are similar.

Double Stack magazine - Quite common, particularly in the 9mm & 40 S&W calibers.

I'm not endorsing or bashing these features or endorsing or bashing Glock.
Glock was simply the first design to successfully market a pistol that encompassed all of those features and then EVERYONE and their brother copied that template. No reason to get your ears back, I'm just pointing out that this collection of design features has become extraordinarily common in today's world.

SIG's use of a modular fire control group may prove to be the next innovation added to that list of common features. Time will tell.

LUCKYDAWG13
07-21-2019, 03:06 PM
SiL has on he loves it me i will stick with my 1911

Highway41
07-22-2019, 12:22 AM
Picked up a P320 M17 recently,and loving it. Like you I am moving away from 1911's and my XD 45 Service except for occasional carry. The full size M17 doesn't bother me much and I do plan on getting the M18 with the shorter barrel/slide whenever they are available.

Anyway my experience so far... The 17 round mag carry grip size is just 'that much to big' for concealed carry. And even though I wear an xl size glove the medium grip although comfortable enough just wasn't quite right. I did a bunch of research and measurements of both the M17 and my STI Trojan and ended up ordering a carry 17 round grip and a compact 15 round grip sized small. Both of the small grips feel perfect. And I have sett on the compact size for edc concealed.

One upgrade I did was to put a Sig flat trigger in. That got the trigger pull down to 5# and the 90 degree break is helpful coming from 1911.

I do like the safety on the M17, but that is a personal thing.

Hope some of that helps.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

winelover
07-22-2019, 06:56 AM
EDC = Every Day Carry

Winelover

Uncle Grinch
07-22-2019, 08:00 AM
I’ve got a Sig P320 sub-compact, which is smaller and lighter than my previous EDC 1911 Officer Model. So far I’ve had no problems with it. Other than being a 9mm, I’m happy with it.

onelight
07-22-2019, 08:36 AM
If you like the 1911 , have you handled a HK P30SK ? Hammer fired can be carried cocked and locked or hammer down for da first shot , many versions .
For my hand the grip is better than any other subcompact double stack.
Not nocking the sig I like sigs but prefer hammer guns for carry , striker version with the same grip is the VP9SK.

FergusonTO35
07-26-2019, 08:46 AM
My best friend has a P320 compact and it has been just great. My lone gripe about it is that it is still really wide for a compact pistol, much like the old Ruger P95.

skrapyard628
07-26-2019, 09:46 AM
I dont own one myself. But I just recently fixed a full size 320 in .45 for a friend. It took two trips back to Sig for warranty work and another trip to a local gunsmith for the issues it had. And it still didnt work right after that. My friend was frustrated that neither Sig nor the "gunsmith" could fix it and asked me to take a look at it. The extractor was so tight that the rim of the round trying to feed couldnt make it up under the extractor which would lock the pistol up out of battery while trying to feed a round.

The final fix was to trim the extractor spring a little bit at a time until it ate everything you fed it and there was still enough tension to properly extract rounds.

Admittedly once the gun worked it was a fine shooting pistol. Just was a bit concerning that neither Sig nor a local "gunsmith" could/would fix it.

The other issue I noticed is that the 10rd .45 mag swells up a bit when fully loaded with 10rds. It takes a good amount of force to seat the mag even with the slide locked back. Its almost impossible to seat it if the slide is closed. But I am going to assume this wont be as much of an issue once the mag spring breaks in a bit and isnt as strong as it is now.