PDA

View Full Version : American Tactical Cavalry shotguns

richhodg66
07-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Went to the Gibsons out in Clay Center today and looked at the guns. They had several of these; over unders made in Turkey and imported by an outfit in S.C.

They are nice looking guns, very light and have choke tubes in them. Cost a little over $500. Anyone have any experience with these? There doesn't seem to be many reviews.

07-14-2019, 08:42 PM
? Weartherby sells some shotguns made in Turkey. I shot a friends semi, and it was OK. Not endorsing or anything, just some anecdotal experience.

WebMonkey
07-14-2019, 09:21 PM
I have the 20ga with extractor.

I like it quite a bit.
Action works every time.

I knew the barrels were black rather than blue and the receiver was aluminum rather than steel. Fine for my use.

My only complaint is a personal preference.
I wish the break lever was reversible or ?ambi?

I'm right handed but prefer to push the lever rather than pull it.

About 200 shells at trap, squirrels and rabbits.

Very satisfied so far.

I bought mine from buds gunshop and purposely chose extractor over ejector and low rib over high rib.

richhodg66
07-14-2019, 09:38 PM
I'm not a big shotgunner, but have been messing with them more the past few years. Considering trading a few off and getting one of these. I really liked the handling characteristics and light weight. Is recoil oppressive as light as they are?

gpidaho
07-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Don't let being made in Turkey hold you back. Most reasonably priced shotguns are made there. Many of them are pretty fair guns. Gp

missionary5155
07-15-2019, 07:52 AM
The Turkish Brands are very popular down here in LLama Land. Most are built like a Dan Wesson, strong and reliable.
The combo guns are the top selling long guns. Get two for the price of one registration.

dverna
07-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Light weight 12 ga will beat you up if you want to play with it. Not a huge factor if a hunting gun.

But it is easy to add weight or a recoil reducer in the stock.

richhodg66
07-15-2019, 11:24 PM
I'd likely opt for a 20 gauge in something like this. I bought an old Mossberg 835 a few years ago that I can use if I ever need a cannon, it'll fill that role better than most shotguns anyway.

I've begun really appreciating guns that are light and carry easily the past few years, these certainly fit that bill.