PDA

View Full Version : Need help with finding “w” marked M1917 enfield hand guards

Tripplebeards
07-13-2019, 09:53 AM
I bought a “W” branded stock with an eagle on it and received it yesterday. All I need is a pair of matching hand guards and my rifle will be complete!!! I found new unissued and not stained front on eBay for $29. I was hoping to find one already stained up along with a rear so I can plug and play. I also found a rear with cracks all the way through it for $13 but passed. Anyone have any for sale or know where I can get a pair?

Tripplebeards
07-14-2019, 11:28 AM
I found one a rear on gun forum and a new, unissued front on eBay. I’m good.

georgerkahn
07-14-2019, 02:40 PM
My source for 1917 (and many, many other parts :) ) is Antique and Collectible Firearms, https://oldguns.net/catacc.htm , where they run an exchange service on 1917 parts, as well as outright selling them -- you can click on link and read it yourself. I have very happily purchased firearms as well as parts and collectibles from Marc and John -- and would not hesitate a micro-second in ordering from them for any needed item!
BEST!
geo

Tripplebeards
07-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Thanks found that site. I see for $95 I can switch out my Eddystone parts with Winchester. My barrel,action, front sight, and stock set is Winchester but I see my floor plate, bolt, and trigger are “E”.

I would assume it was worked over and was switched out with better parts at in time. Some soldier must have found a better trigger because the “E” marked trigger is nice and light.