PDA

View Full Version : Go-RILLA tape!

oldred
07-10-2019, 07:52 PM
DON'T use Gorilla tape!!!!

That is unless you want something to STAY taped! :mrgreen:

Last year I used some of this stuff around an AC unit in my shop window and today when I had to replace the unit I learned where it get's it's name -it takes someone with the strength of a GO-RILLA to pull that stuff loose! It's the darndest tape I have ever used and I have been a big user of Duct tapes for many years for a lot of uses, my favorite until now was 3M brand but this Gorilla stuff is unreal and even being in the weather for over a year it hadn't dried out and was still sticking like crazy. It's by far the best I have ever used and as good as the 3M stuff is the Gorilla tape puts it to shame. I just came to visit the forum just now and my fingers are aching so much from pulling this evil stuff loose I just thought I would mention it here, I am REALLY impressed!

joe leadslinger
07-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Good to know ;-) wondered if it would live up to the hype.

Hogtamer
07-10-2019, 08:10 PM
It has the redneck seal of approval if in store financing is available!

Winger Ed.
07-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Too funny.

I had a buddy that used a lot of it.
I always thought that with gorilla tape and some JB weld, he could make a boat trailer.

as far as longevity, he'd say, "Like herpes,,,,,,,,,, it's for life".

jcren
07-10-2019, 08:14 PM
Love it for patch it and forget it. Stuff is almost impossible to tear off! Do not use it on painted surfaces if you ever plan to remove it, the paint will not survive!

RED BEAR
07-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Good to know i figured it was fancy duct tape.

Gewehr-Guy
07-10-2019, 08:33 PM
I need to try that brand,my newest combine is 35 yrs old, and "Old Reliable" is 45 years old, sometimes I patch a lot of leaks !

MT Gianni
07-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Gorilla glue is also good.

rockshooter
07-11-2019, 12:26 AM
careful with the glue tho- it expands when it dries
Loren

tommag
07-11-2019, 04:35 AM
It isn't forever, but it lasts a long time. After removal, clean up is harder.
As to gorilla glue, it works well, but needs moisture to cure.

lead-1
07-11-2019, 07:26 AM
We had a torn weather seal on the door of our car and a friend had a roll of black Gorilla tape so I ripped off a piece and covered the seal with it. The tape was still stuck a year and a half later but the seal ripped in a different area. I'm sold on the stuff, regular duct tape wanted to roll up on the edges and peel off.

Texas by God
07-11-2019, 07:31 AM
Remember when Red Green replaced the webbing on a lawn chair with duct tape? Too funny!

David2011
07-11-2019, 01:00 PM
In order to move my RC airplanes, reloading equipment and other items from New Mexico to the Houston area I made a big plywood box for the bed of my pickup. For waterproofing I bought a silver plastic tarp, cut it to fit and taped the seams with Gorilla Tape. It has held up over roughly 10 trips of 650 miles each in summer heat and winter cold at highway speeds with no signs of failing.

oldred
07-11-2019, 01:52 PM
For waterproofing I bought a silver plastic tarp, cut it to fit and taped the seams with Gorilla Tape. It has held up over roughly 10 trips of 650 miles each in summer heat and winter cold at highway speeds with no signs of failing.

Until yesterday I might have been a bit skeptical about it holding up to something like that but after that AC incident it doesn't surprise me in the least! Also that's a great idea you have there and I think that may be the solution to a problem of tool box and machine covers I have been thinking about, just cut up some tarps and tape the seams to make fitted covers for each individual piece. I need covers for three large tool boxes and a 40" lathe plus several other shop items and that idea is likely the solution!

richhodg66
07-11-2019, 11:44 PM
After reading this thread, I went to Wal Mart this evening and picked up a roll. Somehow, a big hole developed in the clipping bag on my push mower, gonna see if this stuff will patch it easily

Winger Ed.
07-12-2019, 12:33 AM
After reading this thread, I went to Wal Mart this evening and picked up a roll. Somehow, a big hole developed in the clipping bag on my push mower, gonna see if this stuff will patch it easily

Clean the dirt off real well, and put it on both sides.

fatelk
07-12-2019, 01:31 AM
I'll have to add my two cents worth. A well-traveled industrial floor carpet at work started unraveling at a seam. For a temporary fix, I covered about 10 feet of the seam with Gorilla tape. That was probably 5 years ago, countless vacuuming, numerous carpet cleanings, and lots of daily foot traffic. The carpet is getting bad and needs replaced, but that darn tape is holding strong. It really is incredible stuff.

Three44s
07-12-2019, 08:56 AM
I'll have to add my two cents worth. A well-traveled industrial floor carpet at work started unraveling at a seam. For a temporary fix, I covered about 10 feet of the seam with Gorilla tape. That was probably 5 years ago, countless vacuuming, numerous carpet cleanings, and lots of daily foot traffic. The carpet is getting bad and needs replaced, but that darn tape is holding strong. It really is incredible stuff.

You will have to get another chunk of carpet to hang that tape to ..... Ghorilla tape is like a Timex, “it takes a lickin’ and keeps on a tickin’!”

As I was reading the posts thus far I thought about all those Liberty ships that Hitler sunk with his U Boats. If the Allies had that tape then they could have wrapped the hull with it and after a torpedo hit just throw some Kwick set in the hole and slapped a swatch of tape over it and delivered the goods!

Three44s

Arisaka99
07-12-2019, 11:47 AM
The company I work for sells rubber to the company that makes Gorilla Tape.

I love the stuff!

lightman
07-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Its good stuff, no doubt about it.

Froogal
07-12-2019, 05:02 PM
I'm glad that some of you guys like that Gorilla tape. I tried it once. It would not even stick to itself. Went back to duct-tape.