PDA

View Full Version : A question about T/C Hawken fittings

Theditchman
07-09-2019, 10:09 AM
I just bought a stock for my Hawken rifle and all the hardwear on it seems to be some kind of none magnetic metal that is dark and shiny but dont quite look like brass and it only has a single trigger.....the barrel is T/C and T/C hardwhere fits.....is this a later version?? the patchbox is missing and where do i get a similar one...only seem to be able to find yellow brass ones

SSGOldfart
07-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Is the hardware coated? I got one many years ago that requires lots of brasso and time to polish.

pietro
07-09-2019, 10:38 AM

You've most likely gotten a T/C Renegade stock.

The T/C Renegade, similar to their Hawken, was issued with blued/blacked furniture and no patch box or forend nosecap - a Hawken in it's working clothes, if you will.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/684/932202120/wm_2762446.jpg

Theditchman
07-09-2019, 10:39 AM
maybe....It kinda looks like brass and is non magnetic but is very dark and glossy....maybe it was plated or something...maybe thats why it has no patchbox..whoever had it before could never match it up

Theditchman
07-09-2019, 10:41 AM
I dont think so...it has a nose cap and the hole for the patchbox....Ill try and get a pic

Theditchman
07-09-2019, 10:50 AM
I dont think so...it has a nose cap and the hole for the patchbox....Ill try and get a pic

pietro
07-10-2019, 10:24 AM

In that case, since the patchbox itself has gone walkabout (the inletting for one indicates it's a Hawken stock), the issue brass has most likely been darkened with cold blue (BT, DT - NTS) - which can be polished off/bright.

Buzzard II
07-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Single trigger means it's a "Hunter Model". Trigger guards are NOT interchangeable between single and double trigger stocks. Patch box assembly can be found on flea bay, it will NOT match the finish you have on your brass. You can also find parts on Track of The Wolf store site. Good shooting.
Bob

Theditchman
07-14-2019, 06:14 PM
I got a patchbox from flea bay in regular brass and it almost fits but not quite...so..it will require fitting....I have decided to have all the hardwear (except barrel..lock..trigger assembly ect) Copper plated to see how it looks..the stock is brand new with not a mark on it...I have 3 barrels ...2 thompson and 1 green mountain ..45..50..54..a peep sight and a scope mount..i am getting an aluminium case cut for all this to fit...I'll show you all some pics when I.m finished

pietro
07-14-2019, 09:15 PM

You might want to look into mounting a set of wheel on one end of the case...…. ;) . :D