PDA

View Full Version : Alliant Powder Pro 300-MP in 9mm

Reslems
07-09-2019, 07:42 AM
This powder has been around for a long time. I have an S&W .357 Mod. 13-2, and a Ruger Blackhawk that the powder will work well in. But was wondering if there have been any loads developed for a 9mm. I have been reloading by the book for many years. Blindly following loads created by manufacturers. Now I'm looking outside the box to see if anyone has used this powder in any 9mm applications.

I got a killer deal on 10 pounds, and would like to burn it in my 9mm 3-gun program. Any help, in recipe development, would be appreciated.
Edit/Delete Message

FLINTNFIRE
07-10-2019, 08:02 PM
I really doubt you are going to get a magnum style powder to work well in the 9mm , better to go ahead and buy something more suited to 9mm, I use it for 300blackout and 44 mag. 357 mag .

sargenv
07-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Agreed, it is not suited to small cartridges like the 9mm.. it would be similar to loading WC872 into something like a 223.. it might light off.. but pressure is not going to build up and you are likely to get a squib rather than a "bang!". 9mm has many other powders that are suited for it. Graf's has Vectan GM3 which is in the $13-$16/ 1/2 Kilo range and many people who shoot PCC in multigun swear by it..