PDA

View Full Version : Yay Lee Precision!

docone31
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
I just got my modified dies back from Lee Precision.
Wow. The deprimed sized paper patched samples I sent to them to make work look great! If they can do it, now so can I.
Pat at Lee Precision worked with me on getting paper patching to work in my Enfield #1MKIII. It has the traditional oversized bore and frankly, the dies for that caliber, .303 just do not expand the case enough to load the .312 jacketed I needed, nor the paper patches I use.
I mean, we are talking two week turn around! I went to the range, saw I needed to fix the reloading, sent the dies, and they are ready for when I come back from the range tomorrow!
I also got a mold from them for patching my .30cals. The mold is a lot tighter than the other molds I got from Lee. It doesn't rattle like they used to.
I cannot say enough about them. I have used Lee Precision for over three decades now. I have always been satisfied.
I am glad they are our sponsor.
I just tried the dummys in my rifle I just did a bedding job on.
They cycle through the magazine with out an hitch, and.........
The rifleing JUST engraves the ogive.
Dang dudes, I am in paradise.

Doc Highwall
10-27-2008, 04:02 PM
With all this talk on paper patching I just might have to give it a try.

docone31
10-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I cannot begin to tell you what an experience it is.
Slug your barrel.
You will really enjoy pushing lead to jacketed speeds and hitting what you are aiming at.

docone31
10-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I just fired up my Lee mold that came with the bundle.
Oiy!!!! Vhat an issue!
I could not drop a boolitt even with pushing with a prod.
I got the castings out of the mold, moved the sprue plate out of the way, set two 1/4-20 nuts on top of the sprue and poured through the nuts.
We had some folks stop by and start yakking while I was a moldin, so I put the mold aside for a bit.
I got my trusty 7/16 box wrench after they left, some 1200 valve lapping compound, and smeared some compound in the empty part of the mold. I closed the mold gently and started turning one. It snapped off the sprue shortly after turning! I did the second cavity and it made it through the lapping, I took the one I used to do that one, and transferred to the second cavity. It did not take long.
I heated up the mold again, and cast a few, dropping them back into the melt. They got the grit out of the cavity, and left some carbon from the grease.
I cast about 100 and they just dropped out when the mold was opened.
Great shape, good sharp lube grooves.
If I had not read about something like that here, I would have had a temper fit.
Good mold, even better now.
I am pleased.