PDA

View Full Version : FA vs HF

William Yanda
07-02-2019, 09:00 PM
I just saw an ad for a Frankfort Arsenal 2 drum tumbler "Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Brass Cleaning Rotary Tumbler Kit 7L - 909544" almost $90. Except for blue paint instead of red it looks suspiciously like the one I bought at Harbor Freight for less, much much less.

georgerkahn
07-04-2019, 07:46 PM
If it's the same product, "You done well!". Often times ONE manufacturer makes a product, and many, many different folks put their brand label on it. In my electronics technician days (before :) retirement!) it was no secret that -- with all the many different brands of VHS recorders/players -- they were all MADE by either of two different manufacturers. Some end-purveyors put different bells and whistles on, added features, and the like (most seemed to be the remote control function) -- but they were ALL essentially the same unit -- with an over two hundred dollar price variance for essentially same unit.
geo

tazman
07-04-2019, 08:34 PM
If it's the same product, "You done well!". Often times ONE manufacturer makes a product, and many, many different folks put their brand label on it. In my electronics technician days (before :) retirement!) it was no secret that -- with all the many different brands of VHS recorders/players -- they were all MADE by either of two different manufacturers. Some end-purveyors put different bells and whistles on, added features, and the like (most seemed to be the remote control function) -- but they were ALL essentially the same unit -- with an over two hundred dollar price variance for essentially same unit.
geo

We did the same thing at the hammer factory I worked at. Different finish. Different stamp. Different paint. Different labels. Same hammer.
We sold the same hammer to MANY different brand names during the years I was there.

mac60
07-13-2019, 09:49 PM
There's a huge difference between the two. I have both. The Frankford arsenal is a single drum tumbler with much more capacity than the HF dual drum tumbler. It lists for $220.00, but can be found for much less. I paid about $90.00 for mine.

https://www.frankfordarsenal.com/case-cleaning/case-cleaning-tumblers/platinum-series-rotary-tumbler-7l/909544.html#start=1

vs.

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=dual%20drum%20rock%20tumbler

big difference. Like I said I have both - and use them both.