PDA

View Full Version : A pair of B-92 lever actions

HawkEyeEarl
07-02-2019, 05:45 AM
A pair of B-92 lever actions from the early 1980s.

they are good shooters, smooth, with good iron sights and of course handy as lever guns of this size are.

I shoot mostly cowboy loads but also some full power loads.

38 special and 44 special do not really feed well unless they are loaded with a length of the 357 mag or 44 mag, depending some on the nose type.

georgerkahn
07-02-2019, 07:18 AM
NICE! I was unaware Browning produced these in the .357 calibre, having seen maybe a couple (could have been same rifle at two different gun shows?) I fondled -- in .44 Remington Magnum calibre -- two or three years back. Looked like a really fine firearm, my initial thought it was -- as it so resembled -- a clone of the model 1892 Winchester.
geo

glaciers
07-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Love the Browning 92. The one I have is a 44, which is my rifle for home critter invasions. Sets behind the door until after things hibernate, then back into storage till spring.
Looking for a 357 B 92 but have not been lucky yet, money and opportunity never seem to line up.

Nobade
07-02-2019, 01:45 PM
I really like my 357 B92. Picked it up for a good price and I doubt I'll ever get rid of it willingly. I had a 44 one for a while and didn't like it much. Not very accurate and lots of recoil. Probably should have rebarreled it, but it got traded off for something...

AnthonyB
07-02-2019, 03:34 PM
I love the B-92. I have one in 44 Magnum that my Dad gave me when I was 14. Well, I don't have it; my youngest son does. I have the Rossi 92 in 44 and 357 and they are great rifles. Both wear Sig red dots on NOE mounts and will never go away. My wife has already claimed the 357 version. I actually prefer the Rossi's because I can work on them and not feel guilty, the B-92 is factory stock.
Tony

HawkEyeEarl
07-02-2019, 04:57 PM
The B-92 is my favorite model 1892 rifle. Of course, I like most lever actions that function reasonably well. I mostly shoot them off hand 50 yards or under at steel or paper. These are unmodified. They have dings from 35 + years of use but I have had no failures. I like the semi buckhorn sights that these have for quick sighting or slower finer sighting at 100 yards and closer.

Nueces
07-02-2019, 04:58 PM
My B92 is in 357 and was my first cowboy action rifle, where it picked up a few dings. Years ago, I trekked down to Precision Gun Works in Kerrville to pick over their stock of semi-inletted shotgun style buttstocks. Found a figured beauty and am about to get it back from fitting and finishing, with an original Winchester checkered steel buttplate installed. There's also an old steel Lyman 66A receiver sight on it and an old ivory bead front sight blade.

Hard to specify a neater carrying rifle for short range work.