PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather again

MaryB
07-01-2019, 05:56 PM
8" of rain last night, 3 more forecast tonight... everything is flooding again and I pray for those downstream who will see this extra water in a week or so. Quarter sized hail again too, garden took a bit of a beating but most of it survived. I think I need to grow gills... farm field across the street is a 50% loss, has 4' of water standing in it still this afternoon. Lost power for about 4 hours also. So tired of this wet pattern...

WRideout
07-01-2019, 06:00 PM
It has been quite soggy here in PA also. It dried up enough to plant corn, and that is coming up in some fields now, but will be somewhat late this year. Our potted flowers look great.
Wayne

Nueces
07-01-2019, 06:34 PM
This is the flip side of the terrible drought we had in Texas a few years ago, which was ended by historic flooding. Still, as a Texas Hill Country denizen, I cannot bring myself to gripe about rain. When it overtops our little roads, I console myself that much of it will end up in the Highland Lakes, in our aquifers or flow downstream to the rice farmers in the coastal plains.

WRideout
07-02-2019, 09:04 AM
When I was in college in Chico CA, middle of the Central Valley, the weather report gave precipitation in hundredths of an inch. It wasn't called a drought until it had not rained at all in three years.
Wayne

Gewehr-Guy
07-02-2019, 07:27 PM
I've been following some U-tube channels whose topics deal with the solar minimum cycles, pretty scary stuff has happened in recorded history, and will happen again. We may be heading into a decades long cooling cycle,with the possibility of life altering consequences.
Now I don't believe everything I find on the internet, but I do believe what I have been seeing lately, and it doesn't seem normal IMHO.

buckwheatpaul
07-02-2019, 07:30 PM
MaryB, I cant remember a wetter fall, spring, and summer in my 67+ years! Hope you are still doing good!

rockrat
07-02-2019, 10:04 PM
Was passing thru Worthington, MN on Sat. night. So hot and humid. Figured that if something came thru to set things off it could be some rough weather there.

rl69
07-04-2019, 01:17 PM
This is the flip side of the terrible drought we had in Texas a few years ago, which was ended by historic flooding. Still, as a Texas Hill Country denizen, I cannot bring myself to gripe about rain. When it overtops our little roads, I console myself that much of it will end up in the Highland Lakes, in our aquifers or flow downstream to the rice farmers in the coastal plains.

Yep ...flooding is bad drought is worse

MaryB
07-04-2019, 08:45 PM
Was passing thru Worthington, MN on Sat. night. So hot and humid. Figured that if something came thru to set things off it could be some rough weather there.

You might have just missed it then, they got hit pretty bad