PDA

View Full Version : Lori fell...

Tom W.
07-01-2019, 05:12 PM
She was dragging the waterhose to the carport to spray the window and somehow got tangled up and tripped . She landed on the concrete, but thank God all she got was a scrape on her knee and a very stiff and sore ankle, an well as a scuff on her left hand.

I couldn't pick her up, although I tried. Nothing was broken but some pride, mostly. I did get some big pillows for her to roll on so we could finally get her up. Now she's cleaned up and bandaged, and really aching all over.

The last time I saw her on the floor she was almost deceased. Her blood sugar was up close to 950 or so. She spent two weeks in the hospital, with the first week being unconscious. We can laugh now, and we call it her hibernation period.

RED BEAR
07-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Sorry to hear hope she's ok.

Hickory
07-01-2019, 05:45 PM
Us old people just don't bounce as good as we used to.
I'm glad she is alright. Broken hips can be deadly as well.

Tom W.
07-01-2019, 07:53 PM
I was really afraid of her having a broken hip if wrist. We were blessed, pure and simple!

Winger Ed.
07-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Wow.
That made me hurt just reading it.

Glad she's gonna be OK and didn't have to take a trip in some smelly, rough riding ambulance.

lightman
07-01-2019, 11:16 PM
I'm glad she was not injured more seriously. But I bet she will be even more sore tomorrow. Hopefully she will take it easy for several days.

sparky45
07-01-2019, 11:23 PM
Glad she was OK, falls are high up on the list of contributing factors in death of Geriatric peoples.

Ole Joe Clarke
07-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Thank God she is gonna be alright. Praying for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

white eagle
07-02-2019, 10:33 AM
She was dragging the waterhose to the carport to spray the window and somehow got tangled up and tripped . She landed on the concrete, but thank God all she got was a scrape on her knee and a very stiff and sore ankle, an well as a scuff on her left hand.

I couldn't pick her up, although I tried. Nothing was broken but some pride, mostly. I did get some big pillows for her to roll on so we could finally get her up. Now she's cleaned up and bandaged, and really aching all over.

The last time I saw her on the floor she was almost deceased. Her blood sugar was up close to 950 or so. She spent two weeks in the hospital, with the first week being unconscious. We can laugh now, and we call it her hibernation period.

I am so sorry to hear that
I hope she is doing better now
can feel the hurt you feel when your better half is in trouble
better days ahead

blackthorn
07-02-2019, 11:14 AM
So glad to hear it was not worse! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

mattw
07-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Dude, glad she is ok! My wife has a fall rating of very high, TBI survivor... She does fall and falls often. Kinda scary, we are in our low to mid 50's and I am not looking forward to low to mid 60's or 70's. She worries me as she will not stay off of ladders and such, just does not think about it until it is to late.

Geezer in NH
07-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Sir Never be afraid to call 911 , fire depts. help many who have fallen and that is what they are for helping when needed.

Tom W.
07-02-2019, 12:52 PM
I'm 66, Lori is 8 years younger than I am. This morning I fixed her some breakfast and we wrapped her ankle with an ace bandage, or whatever that stretchy roll of stuff is called. I told her to keep an eye on it and don't let her foot turn blue or extremely cold. If so to loosen and I'll
re-wrap. I never was a football "trainer " in school, but as most of us here I'm not unfamiliar with wrapping, although it has been a few years. I just want it to be supportive and not too tight....

Thank you all for your concern!

osteodoc08
07-02-2019, 07:36 PM
Praying for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

smoked turkey
07-02-2019, 08:44 PM
Tom, you and Lori are in our prayers. Thank the Lord that He was watching over her during and after the fall.

Tom W.
07-02-2019, 09:40 PM
As of now she's doing pretty well. Hobbling around a bit and I'm running errands by myself rather than as a team.

She currently is teaching some Chinese kids on-line. She teaches them English and gets paid fairly well for it, and has each individual kid for 25 minutes. I checked on her and left her alone to teach. In about two weeks she'll be heading back to the school at Ft. Benning to start the school year off ....

lead-1
07-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Glad she is ok for the biggest part, those hospital beds aren't for comfort while healing. Prayers sent!

.429&H110
07-06-2019, 09:08 PM
SWMBO, somewhat over 70, takes a dive once in awhile. I can pick her up, but that is undignified, and bruises. Last two times I dragged a wooden chair over and sat in it. She climbs up the chair holding my hand. One idea we have practiced, no chair, is I kneel and cross our canes to ^. She climbs up me like a chair. Makes a fun geezer moment. Gotta be tough to get old. Thank you, God, that I am still as nimble as I am.

jsizemore
07-07-2019, 04:30 PM
My neighbor had to be "productive" even as she got older and had osteoporosis. The after shock,as she got older was about 2-3 days later when the "hidden" damage would show. Anti-inflammatories sure helped.

Tom W.
07-07-2019, 04:40 PM
She's doing well now. Yesterday she felt froggy enough to drive to Opelika and back.... Today she's going to her friend's Birthday dinner. I'm keeping my butt home....

georgerkahn
07-07-2019, 05:10 PM
i did similar, and most happy "Lori" sustained nothing broken! I was pretending nothing happened, but the wife got wise. Next thing I knew, we were at hospital. X-rays showed (THANK YOU!) nothing broken, cept, too, my pride -- but I will add the bruise/bump on my outer his lasted a good three months, tender to the touch for the first two.
Photo attached is one wife took to send to kids... 244837
BEST wishes for an event-free recovery!
geo

Tom W.
07-07-2019, 10:37 PM
Ouch! That is less than attractive. I pray for you and your speedy recovery and thank all of you for your prayers and support!