PDA

View Full Version : Bendable Bright Light

AKtinman
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
My wife and I were in a quilt shop the other day and I saw one of these:

http://bendablebrightlight.com/

Kind of pricey at $50, but I think it will work on my Dillon 550B. The Dillon has been in storage for awhile, so I'm working from memory here, but I think this light can be set up to shine into a just-charged case so I can SEE the powder charge.

Might be some other uses around the bench as well.

Regards

Ron

WildmanJack
10-26-2008, 10:02 PM
AKtinman,
I recently saw somebody had a light that set right in the middle of the tool headx. It was an LED light that ran on those little watch batteries. Now I'm scratchin my head wonderin where I saw it!!
jack :confused:

hotwheelz
10-26-2008, 10:41 PM
AKtinman,
I recently saw somebody had a light that set right in the middle of the tool headx. It was an LED light that ran on those little watch batteries. Now I'm scratchin my head wonderin where I saw it!!
jack :confused:

Here is what your talking about I have 2 of them they work great

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1255

mooman76
10-26-2008, 10:58 PM
My wife got a floor modle one from Walmart for like $38 and she loves it. I gaot a small one for looking down gun barrels and into brass to see if the powder charge is normal. Got ot at Home depot for less than $10.

billyb
10-26-2008, 11:10 PM
dremel makes a small light that clips onto some of the tools they make,i use one on my 650. cliped to case feed support,and bent to shine into the case at the bullet seating station to check powder charge. it was 10$ at home depot. Bill

boommer
10-27-2008, 12:13 AM
I just use a painters lamp when I want extra lite 10.00 bucks no batteries. Just clamps and aim it plus I like it because I can see other stations and if I miss rings or cracks in cases.

AKtinman
10-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Some great ideas, fellas.

I kind of like that uniquetek light. Price is right and no wires to get in the way.

Maybe we'll see some more ideas.

Regards

Ron

jcwit
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Bright bendable lights? Google bore light with flexible and you come up with bunches of them in the $5/$10 price range. I had picked up one that was in a small case at a gun show for $5 about a year ago, plenty bright white LED bulb and uses a AAA battery. Remember those LED lights last forever "just about" and batteries last & last. My 2 cents.

cajun shooter
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
HW, Thanks for posting the site for the light that works on a Dillon. My old eyes need all the help they can find. At a price of 5.95 ea. they seem to be the ticket. I went to the site and ordered 2 of them plus some other items. Take Care

carpetman
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
I bought mine at Wal Mart--don't remember brand--It's a fiber optics stinger that slides over a mini-mag flashlight. The stinger can be had in two different lengths and works great on bores.
AKtinman what town North Texas?

AKtinman
10-29-2008, 09:57 PM
AKtinman what town North Texas?

Decatur.

I'm the guy with the Tee shirt that says "I'm Not From Around Here" :)

carpetman
10-29-2008, 10:15 PM
AKtinman---How long in Decatur? Know a highway patrolman there named Gary Todd?

AKtinman
10-30-2008, 01:20 AM
AKtinman---How long in Decatur? Know a highway patrolman there named Gary Todd?

I moved down here from Alaska in July 2005.

Retired early to take care of my aunt, who just turned 93.

Don't know Gary Todd or any of the LEOs in this area. The highway patrol keeps pretty busy here, more recently focusing on the rock trucks that make up an amazing amount of the traffic on the roads here.

My aunt's health requires that someone be with her 24/7, so we don't get out much.

Regards

Ron

rbstern
10-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Lots of ways to skin this particular cat. I used a little LED light that came in a package deal with a Coast LED flashlight I found on clearance at Home Depot. Tie-wrapped it to a flexible tool shaft mounted behind my press. Lets' me get a good bit of light directly into the shell so I can see powder levels.

http://www.zjstech.net/gunstuff/images/presslight.JPG

jcwit
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
I see Midway has them in their sale flyer for Nov.

Russel Nash
10-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I just zip tied a mini mag flashlight to the bullet seating die on my 550, so that the light is pointed downwards towards the shellplate.

It works good enough for me.