PDA

View Full Version : My great grandsons.....

Tom W.
06-26-2019, 01:09 AM
My oldest son and his other half came over today and brought his grandkids. I'd only seen a few old pictures of the older one, and knew nothing about the younger one. They were born somewhere in Texas, as my grandson is in the Army, and now is stationed at Ft. Bragg. He's got a year to go and will probably not re- up.

The boys are named Sam ( the younger one ) and Colt, the older one.

I think my other grandson has a son, but as of yet haven't heard anything from him. We're not a close knit family......

lightman
06-26-2019, 05:43 AM
I'm glad that you finally got to meet them. Thankfully my Wife and I are pretty close to our 2 sons and get to see the Grandkids pretty often. Lately we have been spending most weekends at the ballpark watching the oldest Grandson play. The Wife is suppose to pick up the 2 oldest Granddaughters this afternoon to spend the night, swim and just hang out.

We do feel a little discriminated against sometimes as the Daughter-in-Laws parents always get first dibs. But it is what it is.

William Yanda
06-26-2019, 09:13 AM
I'm glad that you finally got to meet them. Thankfully my Wife and I are pretty close to our 2 sons and get to see the Grandkids pretty often. Lately we have been spending most weekends at the ballpark watching the oldest Grandson play. The Wife is suppose to pick up the 2 oldest Granddaughters this afternoon to spend the night, swim and just hang out.

We do feel a little discriminated against sometimes as the Daughter-in-Laws parents always get first dibs. But it is what it is.

A son marries off but a daughter marries on.

blackthorn
06-26-2019, 11:21 AM
I have only one Grand daughter and one Great Grandson. They live 7 hours north of me. I still manage to see them several times a year. We are planning a week or ten day trip up to my cabin at the lake in August and I will see them again when I go north hunting this October.

Moonie
07-04-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm glad you got to meet them, I have 14 grandchildren and I'm very close to all of them. I can't imagine not seeing them often.

iomskp
07-05-2019, 05:12 AM
I have a very similar situation to you, I don't know them haven't and probably won't ever meet them, so I have resigned myself to not think on it too much.

shooterg
07-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Skype is your friend ! Only daughter moved 4 states away with the only grandson, do get him a couple weeks a year, but see and talk to him frequently on the laptop !