PDA

View Full Version : When did the edit function disappear?.

samari46
06-17-2019, 01:06 AM
Went back to try and edit one of my posts and there was no edit function. Just the reply,reply with quote and forget the third one. Help please. Now for some reason the edit function has appeared regarding this post but now cannot delete this one. For what it's worth seems something wonky lately getting functions to work. Frank

JBinMN
06-17-2019, 05:01 AM
I am not positive without checking, but if you were posting in the S&S forum, I think once the topic has been closed your functions to edit, etc., are limited. As far as the "delete", I am pretty sure that you are not able to delete posts in that section as well.

Once I post this post I will check & see if the "edit" & "delete" functions are working for me & return to add if they are or not.

---------------------
ETA: I am typing this part of my post after using the "edit" function. I am now going to post another post & try to delete it & will return after trying it.

----------------
2nd ETA: I posted a test post & deleted it here, and the function worked.

So, like I mentioned first, perhaps the post you were having trouble with editing or deleting was in a forum that does not allow for those functions, or, you have some other issue to deal with.

One more suggestion would be to, 1) Log Out of the Forum & Log In again.
or next, 2) re-boot your computer after doing the above.
Those might help as well if the problem persists.

I am still thinking you were in a part of the forum here that does not allow for those functions though.

G'Luck!
:)