PDA

View Full Version : Any Experience w/Mossberg MC1sc?

alamogunr
06-12-2019, 12:13 PM
I've been reading about the new Mossberg compact handgun and it seems to be a good one. I just don't trust the reviews in the major gun magazines. Most have never seen a gun they didn't like. I'm not even sure that I'm in the market but, if I were, this one looks like a candidate.

Does any one have any first hand experience with this gun?

Texas by God
06-12-2019, 10:19 PM
I’ve only handled one in the store; haven’t fired one. It looks to be well made and felt good in my hands. I wanted a single stack 9 so I got a Shield.

FergusonTO35
06-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Haven't seen one in the flesh around here, doesn't look like I'm going to. There are alot of Shields on sale for $300.00 or less so I don't see retailers taking a chance on a gun that costs the same and may not sell as well.

jmort
06-13-2019, 09:40 AM
I have no doubt that it is a fine gun, but the 9mm market is super-saturated with fine guns.
There are so many good choices that the Mossberg entrant will really have to distinguish itself

Abert Rim
06-13-2019, 10:14 AM
All that said, I wish Mossberg the best in its return to the handgun market.

Sig556r
06-13-2019, 11:02 AM
Interesting...was this introduced in the last SHOT show?

jmort
06-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Yes...................

winelover
06-14-2019, 06:46 AM
Haven't handled one. I like the specifications on size and weight. Would be hard to beat a Kahr CM-9 on price and proven durability. IMO

Winelover

FergusonTO35
06-14-2019, 02:54 PM
The MC1 takes Glock 43 mags and is supposedly a near copy internally. If the MC1 establishes itself as reliable, I could see it finding a niche as a low cost alternative.

lee n. field
06-17-2019, 01:39 PM
I've been reading about the new Mossberg compact handgun and it seems to be a good one. I just don't trust the reviews in the major gun magazines. Most have never seen a gun they didn't like. I'm not even sure that I'm in the market but, if I were, this one looks like a candidate.

Does any one have any first hand experience with this gun?

So I'm not the only one waiting for "real people" reviews, not trusting even the usual YouTube guys to not be bought and paid for.

Saw and handled one. Very Glock-43 like. Take down procedure is very easy.

Had a local FFL tell me they were hard to come by from their distributors.