PDA

View Full Version : WTB RCBS 416-350-FN boolits

njc110381
06-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Hi guys. I would like to try some of these in my rifle before buying a mold. If anyone is casting them, would you be willing to sell me some ready to shoot please? PM me if you could.

Thanks.

kycrawler
06-11-2019, 09:59 PM
I have a bunch cast ready to go but they would have to ship to a USA. Address I believe it may be a violation of iatr to ship them overseas

njc110381
06-12-2019, 01:15 PM
If that's the case then I need to find a UK shooter who's making them - I'd hate for anyone to get in trouble for helping me out. Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated!

Hardcast416taylor
06-13-2019, 01:08 PM
I`m assuming this is for a .416 Rigby rifle. I loved casting and shooting this boolet in my .416 Taylor. I sent the mold off to have a hollow point job done to it with a fill in stud for solid nosed boolets when not making H.P. boolets. Talk about being devastating on whatever you shot at with the H.P. loaded rounds! I do hope you find a supplier for this fine boolet.Robert

njc110381
06-14-2019, 05:49 AM
Thanks Robert. Yes it is for a Rigby. I'd like to shoot the rifle a lot at the range and casting will make it a little easier on the wallet. Factory ammunition is coming in at around £6 per round for the cheapest I can find and home loading is getting on half that with jacketed bullets. Casting will save me another £1+ per round!

Interesting to hear about having the hollow point plug installed. I'm not sure how I could do that here in the UK. The ITAR regs seem to cover the molds too and I don't know of anyone in the UK offering that service? I was hoping to find someone UK based on here but shooting isn't common in the UK and casting seems to be pretty rare amongst the shooters we do have!

15meter
06-14-2019, 09:08 AM
I've tried the Noe 418-350-RF mold in two 416 Rigby's. I had problems in both with feeding from the magazine and with the nose fitting the chamber. One rifle is a Ruger, the other is a custom rifle built on a double square bridge action. When I got them to chamber they shot great. The square bridge I got to feed by lathe turning the nose of the boolit for a better profile.

Just received a new mold yesterday that Accurate made. I sent him a bullet that feeds very well and he duplicated the profile plus a gas check.

That's today's project, clear the dozen other projects off the bench and get fully functional 416 Rigby loads going.

15meter
06-17-2019, 01:10 PM
http://www.accuratemolds.com/img/bullets/detail/42-365S-D.png

This is the boolit I got to feed, the Noe clone of the RCBS, I could not get to feed.

26 grains of Trail Boss and it is an all day shooter.

If someone could tell me how to ship some to you with out me ending up in jail I'd send you some to try.