PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed.

GhostHawk
06-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Our grandson, a 7 yr old boy had a 30 minute seizure of some kind at 3 am this morning.
He was spending the summer with his grandparents in Jacksonville NC. He was life flighted from there to a unit specializing in brain problems.

The following is all we know for now, and was written by my son in law.

"Around 645 this morning my wife and I received a call that our son had a seizure around 3am this morning, it lasted 30 minutes, he was flighted from jacksonville to Greenville vidant center not to long ago, katie and I are headed to the airport in fargo right now and we take off at 1, we will arrive in Raleigh around 645, please keep him in your prayers"

The boys name is James Declan.

All we have heard is that he made it through the first round of testing.

All prayers appreciated.

Bill and Cindy Jamison
Fargo, ND

tinhorn97062
06-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Lord Jesus, we ask you to lay your hand of healing on that boy. Please comfort the family members, and give the medical staff wisdom and direction. We thank you that because of your victory, no weapon formed against will prosper, and it’s by Your stripes that we are healed and made whole. Thank you Lord, in advance, for all that you’re doing in that situation.

Preacher Jim
06-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Lord Jesus this child needs your protection and healing. We ask you to guide those caregivers to your perfect healing. Comfort and care for his family as they rush to his side.
In your name we pray

daloper
06-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Father God. I lift up James Declan to you today. Be with him. Be with the doctors and give them wisdom in treating this young boy. Be with his family and give them safe travel as them make their way to their son. Cover them with peace and show them your love and mercy. Cover James with your healing power and raise him up. I ask this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Hickok
06-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Amen to the prayers of those here for the recovery of James. Dear Heavenly Father, glorify Your Name by a healing for this young man, James, in the name of Christ Jesus amen.

lightload
06-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Prayers sent

Markopolo
06-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Prayers sent... siezures are dang scary.

Boaz
06-09-2019, 07:54 PM
I add my prayers to James's situation . Keep us updated .

Pine Baron
06-09-2019, 07:59 PM
I'll add my voice to all these prayers. Amen

jmort
06-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Praying

WRideout
06-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Father, bless and heal James, and restore him to full function and life. Bless also his parents, his whole family and all those who love him. Give them all your peace, and the assurance that You are with them. In Jesus' name, Amen

Wayne

RED BEAR
06-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Iwill gladly pray for your son.

GhostHawk
06-09-2019, 09:00 PM
Still waiting to hear from mom and dad.

Last we heard when they finally got his fever reduced he started talking normally. So there is hope.

No idea on cause. When I know more I'll pass it on.

Markopolo
06-09-2019, 09:37 PM
He had a fever?

Goatwhiskers
06-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Healing prayers up for James, and strength for the entire family. Jesus loved the children. GW

GhostHawk
06-09-2019, 10:26 PM
Fever at one point was 105F.

Seizure it turns out lasted an hour.
They gave him an anti seizure drug 3 times, 3rd time did the trick, but it was too much so they had to hit him with an antidote to back it off.

But, grandma just talked to her little man just now, fever is gone as suddenly as it arrived. He sounds chipper.
Tommorow MRI and various neurological tests. Still no clue on cause. But mom and dad are with him. It appears for now the worst of the storm has passed. Now it is just a matter of healing and seeing how much it set him back, damage done, etc.

Thanks for the prayers, more than you can ever know.

Updates will follow as we get them. Continued prayers for a full recovery still needed.

Love you guys

Bill and Cindy in Fargo ND

jcren
06-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Prayer sent

clum553946
06-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Add prayers from me and my girls, sounds like he’s made progress so we’re praying he continues to improve!

USMC87
06-10-2019, 08:53 AM
We are praying about this situation!

Boaz
06-10-2019, 08:32 PM
Still praying !

GhostHawk
06-10-2019, 09:12 PM
Last I heard he was sitting up in bed, eating a popsicle. Still waiting for definitive cause, treatment.

But I believe the prayers are working.

buckwheatpaul
06-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Father, Please be with James, his parents, and his grandparents as he is treated for the seizure he suffered. Father, please guide the medical team that will treat him. Please take any fears away and allow them rest and recover. Father, You are the great healer and I am praying that You will hold this family in Your loving hands.....AMEN

Bill please keep us posted on James' progress......Paul

Markopolo
06-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Prayers sent

Bodydoc447
06-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Prayers sent.

Pete44mag
06-10-2019, 10:46 PM
I join everyone on this forum in saying prayers for James and his family!

trails4u
06-10-2019, 11:48 PM
Prayers up for sure, and love the good news! Continued prayers for more good news.

sparky45
06-10-2019, 11:56 PM
Prayers offered for James, Dear Heavenly Father. Febrile seizures in children are often Viral or Bacterial in origin, however they usually don't last longer than 10 ~ 15 minutes.

Pine Baron
06-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Fever broke, eating a Popsicle. That is good news. Prayers continue.

Sig556r
06-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Prayers for James...Lord please ease his burden

Pumpkin
06-11-2019, 05:06 PM
Bill, prayers for the grandson---he is on our prayer list. Let God do the fighting, all will be well. Your soap making buddy,
Pete

GhostHawk
06-11-2019, 08:59 PM
God is good.

Good news, he is back home tonight.

Bad News, he has lession on brain, most likely will have to be treated for epilepsy for the rest of his life.
Probably won't ever have a drivers licence.

But, as the Lord told me when I was praying, "he will walk, talk and be able to go fishing with you"

And it looks like he is correct.

Thank you for all the prayers. He is going to have a long road ahead of him as they try different meds to find out what will work, what has too many side effects, etc. And his parents are about to find out how easy they have had it up till now.

So any continued prayers for his good health, for his parents being able to find a way to deal with all this. Emotionally, financially, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid they are going to have a rough road for a while.

GhostHawk
06-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Copied from James's fathers facebook post.

"First and foremost I want to thank ALL of you who for keeping James in your thoughts and prayers, they were needed and very much felt.
Also I wanna give a disclaimer, not everything in this statement is 100% accurate or definitive, I am simply telling this from the point of view from the extremely stressed mind of a father. Also hopefully this will give some information for those who have kids who may have similar symptoms.

When Katie Futrelle was pregnant with James we also found out he had a twin, early in the pregnancy Katie was diagnosed "Factor 5", we had lost pregnancies before James, doctors determined she was having blood clots. She was prescribed lovenox to stop the clots from happening, and throughout the pregnancy she had to take a shot every single day.
Fast forward 9 months, James is born as happy and healthy as a baby could be, as he started to grow we noticed how small his body was and how large his head was, this drew some concern bet Katie and myself. A few dozen doctor visits later, nobody can really tell us anything. So the years went by and we dealt with the ups and downs of life. There were times through the years James would vomit in his sleep and not wake up from them. Hes always seemed to have bloody noses, we and the doctors chalked the vomit up to a viral issue and the bloody noses to weather changes and allergies.

Sunday, June 9th 2019, we got a call from my mom, Conni Futrelle,around 6:45 am, she made it clear from the start that James was fine and that he had a seizure around 3am that morning. About 20 minutes later I received a call from a doctor and she informed us of what had happened and said James' seizure lasted around 30 minutes. My mom had awoke to the sounds of James seizing and by that point James had already vomited and I believe released what ever was in his body, the call to 911 was made and finally connected after about the 4th try, at this point James had bit, as hard as his body would allow, into his tongue he also began to foam (not sure if that's accurate) at the mouth, 25 to 30 minutes later EMS showed up, worked on him for what I assume was 10 to 15 minutes before the decision was made to transport him to Onslow, his siezure continued until they reach the hospital, where his fever spiked at 105. They injected him 3 or 4 times with a seizure reversal medicine but quickly had to reverse those affects or he would overdose.

James was flighted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville later Sunday morning. During this time Katie and myself are in full panic and scrambling on how to get to our baby that's over 1200 miles away. The information I originally heard was that James was unresponsive, this would had been around 7am that morning, so the ultimate fear set upon us. When we got to James later that night he was asleep, the next day we got an inconclusive EEG reading and then later an MRI.

This morning we got the results from the MRI, James' left temporal lobe is swollen from the seizure as expected, but in that is where the monster lives. But there is also a mark on the left frontal lobe that came from a blood clot due to the Factor 5 pregnancy and also probably what cause his twin to not make the extent of the pregnancy. After 7 years of questions and gut feelings we finally got answers, James has MTS Epilepsy, which is the name of the monter in his temporal lobe. And all those times of him throwing up in the middle of the night and sleeping through it are now chalked up to him have seizures and none of us benign none the wiser. His bloody noses are from a constant sinus infection, both of these diagnosis will have to be medicated for the rest of his life. Again our entire family is so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers and the offered help from family and friends, we really found out that there is so much light in seemingly dark places. Katie and myself are extremely blessed and so thankful that all of our questions have answers to them.

Symptoms James had that nobody could have picked up on were seemingly irrational fears, easily over stimulated, random complaints of headaches."

So now at least we have an idea of what we are dealing with. This young man is going to have a long hard row to hoe.
As such all prayers and positive thoughts will be very much appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214261876566375&set=a.1696875067263&type=3&eid=ARAZ7H0yzDmTXK6QSNaiTowUF4JiLSStN3LJ92ml9VZZMi FjeSq46waytTx5uwSTpXdfsXMPtMJ-zQ0y

GhostHawk
06-12-2019, 10:56 AM

sparky45
06-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Beautiful picture; James is in my prayers.

WILCO
06-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Beautiful picture; James is in my prayers.

Yes. So good to see. In prayer also.

Goatwhiskers
06-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Praying daily. GW

johniv
06-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Praying.

Boaz
06-12-2019, 04:01 PM
I'm really glad they have diagnosed his problems . Now treatment can be given . Praying for his situation to improve through treatment !

Preacher Jim
06-12-2019, 04:13 PM
I believe in miracles and think God still does them. Guys join us praying for the Lord to heal this child.
Jesus we are asking you to James.this innocent child needs your touch to heal him and we are asking you to touch him.
In Jesus name we pray
Amen

Pine Baron
06-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the update. Kind of relieved that they were able to diagnose the problem and good that he's home. I'm praying.

Shawlerbrook
06-12-2019, 06:34 PM
Prayers to young James and your entire family.

skeettx
06-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Prayers for the ENTIRE family
God is GOOD

GhostHawk
06-13-2019, 06:53 PM
Here is a link to a go fund me page James's parents have set up to help them cover expenses and to get home.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-traveling-home?member=&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2Binvitesupporters