PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night 2

LAH
06-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Fonnice Murdock, Sr. singing lead, When God comes to gather His Jewells at Mitchell Ridge Community Church.

https://youtu.be/3BoOxJIMma4

Boaz
06-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Ya'll did well putting Mr. Murdock up front . GOD is still using him .

LAH
06-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Fonnice still preaches in area Churches but not like he used to. Said his strength is leaving him.

Boaz
06-06-2019, 07:37 AM
My old bible study teacher was named Rex . He was a ww 2 vet . He got forgetful toward the end . I walked into bible study one morning and he caught me coming in . He handed me a slip of paper with three bibles verses on it and said...Charlie will you read these when I call on you ? I just said...Sure Rex ...I can probably pull that off !

He statred talking and I had already marked the verse waiting . I couldn't figure out how the verse he gave me tied into the lesson but was willing to find out . He called on me and I started reading out loud . He called me down quick saying...Charlie ! That's not the verse I gave you ! I just said...Yea..it is ! He said...No...it's not . Everyone was just looking between me and him .

I held the slip of paper up and said...Here's what you give me . I got up and went to him . He had the lesson all confused . Talked with him a bit and got it straightened out . He made fun of himself and everyone laughed . He winged it and made it through . He quit teaching just a while later .

Rex and his wife went home almost the same time three years ago . I believe he was 93 years old . Good man .

LAH
06-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Great story.